Has anyone seen a magazine review of the Sony DVP-NS900 yet?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Matthew Attoe, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Matthew Attoe

Matthew Attoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thinking fo buying one of these players soon and whilst I was in the city today i had a look through all the tv/video/dvd mags i could find to see if I could locate a reviwe of this player, but I couldn't find one anywhere.

I even checked out the "previously reviewed" sections at the back of the magazines where they listed all of the kit that they have reviewed months/years ago and I couldn't see it there either!!!

Is there a reason for this? Are there still some of the niggling problems with the player (like the dark RGB and ratio switching)?

Are YOU happy with your 900?

Thanks,

Matthew

2. steve.wardell

steve.wardell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found nothing in any mag about it, apart from the odd listing in the features section (which are never to be trusted), details are thin on the ground.

I took a look at my Sony dealer, they will do it for £440 ish multi region, which given best www price is bout £390 isnt too bad a premium for delaer supplied and having a shop and human to beat the **** out of if it goes wrong.

The Sony book dont say much about it, but seems everyone who has one loves it (though Skoda owners love there cars dont they - no offence :) )

I like it, looks good, remote is good, pic and sound are superb, if you find a review let me know

3. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the ns900 is a great player. it has been reviewed by home cinema choice-what video and tv and last months hi-fi choice, these are three that i know of and have read. i've owned one since october and love it.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got the sony900 for £330 from www.webelectricals.com i cant remember if you have to add uk at the end. The rgb is great picture the sacd is superb maybe better sound than dvd films.

What was the problem with the ratio i havnt noticed or heard anything about that

5. steve.wardell

steve.wardell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    as well as the review it's on the front cover of last months hi-fi choice, they said it is best in world! although hcc and wv&tv are in same group they were separate reviews.it was what videos year book that had a review.