Question Has Anyone ordered from Mecodu via Amazon, ebay, Play or Rakuten?

madacj

Established Member
Reaction score
I ordered a blu-ray from this company Mecodu via play.com on 13th March. It still hasn't arrived yet. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience of this company? They have stores on Amazon, Ebay, Rakuten and play.com before they merged into Rakuten. I think they are based in Germany from what I can work out. The delivery estimate they gave me is between Friday 27th March and Thursday 2nd April. I appreciate that this window doesn't start until tomorrow but I am sceptical as to whether it will arrive at all as it took about 5 days before the dispatch email arrived. I have received stuff from Germany in a much shorter time frame than this direct from Amazon. It isn't even a German release I ordered its a UK blu-ray.

This is an Easter gift and I haven't got much time left before then.

Has anyone received anything from Mecodu? Is it delivered via Royal Mail and do you have to sign?

Thanks

Last edited:
Not used them but ordered plenty from Germany -sometimes it's 3-4 days sometimes 2 weeks.

Sit tight.

I think they are based in Germany from what I can work out. The delivery estimate they gave me is between Friday 27th March and Thursday 2nd April. I appreciate that this window doesn't start until tomorrow but I am sceptical as to whether it will arrive at all as it took about 5 days before the dispatch email arrived. I have received stuff from Germany in a much shorter time frame than this direct from Amazon. It isn't even a German release I ordered its a UK blu-ray.
How did you work that out?

A quick 5 min google search brought this info up...

o_O:facepalm:
mecodu-uk on eBay
Based in Switzerland, mecodu-uk has been an eBay member since 21 Nov, 2011

Amazon.co.uk At a Glance: mecodu-uk
Customer Services Address:
Langmattstrasse 6 A
Rotkreuz
LI
Risch-Rotkreuz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Maybe you should just stick with bricks & morter shops, as clearly this online shopping malarky is far, far, far, far, far, far to stressful for you :p
Answered - dvdworld usa delivery time | AVForums

Will I get my wheeler dealers box set? | AVForums

Question - base.com order still pending should I be worried? | AVForums
:facepalm:

Should we expect to see:
'My Interstellar order hasn't arrived- should I be worried' and
'My hobbit: five armies order hasn't arrived- should I be worried'
threads in the next few days/weeks?

Ordered two Blurays from them via Amazon, both arrived within a week (although on separate days).

Ordered two Blurays from them via Amazon, both arrived within a week (although on separate days).
Oh dear it's not looking good for me then. Mine got dispatched Friday before last. Still not got it.

Stick to bricks & mortar stores if you don't have the patience to wait for delivery.

Are you my internet stalker?
I wouldn't worry about it as the postman & internet retailers never seem to be able to locate you, so what chance would I have?:laugh:

C'mon 4 or 5 threads all about 'XX' retailer has taken 2 weeks to deliver, 'should I be worried?' isn't a bit paranoid behaviour?

Royal Mail doesn't even consider something as lost until 15 working days after the due date, so to repeatedly be worried about something only 2 weeks (or even only 5 days) after it's shipped is silly & paranoid.
I assume the 'missing' DVDWorldUSA & base.com orders you were so worried about turned up, no?

I ordered 9 Blu-rays from Amazon yesterday (in their 3 for £17 deal), & they're still showing as 'not despatched', should i be worried? Shouldn't they be on 'preparing to ship' status by now, I should be worried about this right?;)

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about it as the postman & internet retailers never seem to be able to locate you, so what chance would I have?:laugh:

C'mon 4 or 5 threads all about 'XX' retailer has taken 2 weeks to deliver, 'should I be worried?' isn't a bit paranoid behaviour?

Royal Mail doesn't even consider something as lost until 15 working days after the due date, so to repeatedly be worried about something only 2 weeks (or even only 5 days) after it's shipped is silly & paranoid.
I assume the 'missing' DVDWorldUSA & base.com orders you were so worried about turned up, no?

I ordered 9 Blu-rays from Amazon yesterday (in their 3 for £17 deal), & they're still showing as 'not despatched', should i be worried? Shouldn't they be on 'preparing to ship' status by now, I should be worried about this right?;)
The base order got cancelled and had to order elsewhere

The base order got cancelled and had to order elsewhere
...and did posting on the forums asking if you 'should be worried?' have any bearing on the outcome of the order being cancelled by base or you subsequently reordering elsewhere?

If people say yes be worried, base still would've cancelled your order & you'd have ordered elsewhere.
If people say no don't be worried, base still would've cancelled your order & you'd have ordered elsewhere.
I just don't see the point in you always asking 'should I be worried' every time an order is delayed.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom