Has anyone noticed that the XMB is changing from pink to green.

Monkeyspoon

Ex Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the XMB is looking slightly green. I went into the date/time setting and the green gets stronger as the month goes on. By the end of April its fully green. and through May it goes from green to purple.

thats the colours changing month to month, dunno if it follows the PSP, but they both do it.

Matt

What I can't understand though. is why it doesn't change at the beginning of the month? :confused:

mines black :(
where's the setting for it?
My PSP is pink

OH!
I only ever go on at night
My PSP is Pink now

It gets much darker (to black) as the evening draws in. Turn the ps3 on in the morning and you'l see the normal colour.

Edit- Doh! beaten to it

Thank god i read this subject i thought mine was broke and was contemplating sending it back.

It gets much darker (to black) as the evening draws in. Turn the ps3 on in the morning and you'l see the normal colour.

Edit- Doh! beaten to it

By tomorrow lunch time it will be pick except for a green tint in the lower right hand corner.

if you scroll through the months (during the daytime hours) you can see it change infront of your very eyes!

By tomorrow lunch time it will be pick except for a green tint in the lower right hand corner.

i thought my hdmi was playing up when i saw that

:)

I'm not looking forward to when my XMB is that poo brown colour. cant remember what month that was.

I'm not looking forward to when my XMB is that poo brown colour. cant remember what month that was.

Hopefully by that time there will be a firmware upgrade that will allow us to choose our own background. I suspect the next big firmware update, probably 2.0, will allow that.

im surprised everyone's worried! i like the changes, kind of reminds you its night after a long gaming session!

ya it slowly changes over the month to another colour.

Problem is I only ever really see my ps3 in black since it starts to change at around 5pm which sucks.

It is a helpful reminder when to go to bed tho... I saw it starting to turn pink one night after a long session of watching DVD's (Stupid Battlestar Galactica boxsets!)

Yeah the colours were confusing me at the beginning, and I'm mostly on it at night so it's always dark.

ya it slowly changes over the month to

How is your TV with the PS3 by the way? I've been looking at that one.

I hate it. Mines dark and looks dire. Makes me not want to use it!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom