Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Has anyone listened to a Parasound Halo C1 or C2?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by NicolasB, May 20, 2003.

1. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +898
    I hate to be the one to ask this question, as I know exactly what reaction I'm going to get. :rolleyes:

But anyhow: the CSE people tell me that the C1 and C2 are now technically available, if difficult to find down here in London; recommended prices are £5000 and £3500 respectively. Anyone have an opinion for or against? How do they compare to the likes of Tag, Arcam, Meridian, Bryston and Lexicon?

2. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    i have the c2, its great!
    i was using a tag av32r before that and have found the c2 far superior in comparison. i listened to an arcam av8 and a lexicon mc12, couldn't really justify spending the extra on the lex. i bought it for 80% movies but it had to be good with music as well. music is where it lets itself down really, its a bit bright, although i have not given a chance for my cables to burn in yet and m&k speakers are a little bright as well i suppose. the c1 is a beast but the c2 is identical bar the screen (which is a gimmick imo). for £3.5k i was sold and have yet to come across a bug - like the ones with arcam and tag products i came across! all in all i think its marvelous and there will be the first upgrade to 192 dacs and dvi switching towards the end or the start of next year:smashin:

3. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +898
    But what about the Unique inductive-capacitive LC power supply post-filtering ? :) Not to mention the 1 additional assignable component video input! Do these things mean nothing to you? ;)

4. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    ...not really:p