1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone listened to a Parasound Halo C1 or C2?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by NicolasB, May 20, 2003.

1. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +570
    I hate to be the one to ask this question, as I know exactly what reaction I'm going to get. :rolleyes:

But anyhow: the CSE people tell me that the C1 and C2 are now technically available, if difficult to find down here in London; recommended prices are £5000 and £3500 respectively. Anyone have an opinion for or against? How do they compare to the likes of Tag, Arcam, Meridian, Bryston and Lexicon?

2. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    i have the c2, its great!
    i was using a tag av32r before that and have found the c2 far superior in comparison. i listened to an arcam av8 and a lexicon mc12, couldn't really justify spending the extra on the lex. i bought it for 80% movies but it had to be good with music as well. music is where it lets itself down really, its a bit bright, although i have not given a chance for my cables to burn in yet and m&k speakers are a little bright as well i suppose. the c1 is a beast but the c2 is identical bar the screen (which is a gimmick imo). for £3.5k i was sold and have yet to come across a bug - like the ones with arcam and tag products i came across! all in all i think its marvelous and there will be the first upgrade to 192 dacs and dvi switching towards the end or the start of next year:smashin:

3. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +570
    But what about the Unique inductive-capacitive LC power supply post-filtering ? :) Not to mention the 1 additional assignable component video input! Do these things mean nothing to you? ;)

4. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    ...not really:p