1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone here used dvdmode

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by tony kop77, Dec 8, 2002.

1. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I was thinking of buying two films from www.dvdmode.com especially as most of them are about £10, i have heard they offer good service but it is possible that you get charged by customs.

I would like to know if anyone has used them and got charged customs and what would you suggest that might prevent me being charged customs.

I was thinking of buying Lilo and Stitch and spiderman movie and if they are good i will use them instead of future entertainment.

I did ask in the special offers forum but only got 1 person who replied thought might get a bigger response in here. Thank you for your help

2. 18j

18j
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've used dvdmode for the 1st time this week I ordered jurassic park 1 and 2 which are both dts on their site, discs arrived neither has dts.Very appologetic quick ans to my email to put things right. free shipping with 2 dvds and the parcel marked up less than the actual total and as a gift.Mates of mine have used them many times with no complaints.
    Wayne

3. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, bought AOTC and Blade2 from them on the 27/11, arrived on the 02/12 - excellent service :)

Cost was just over £11 each

Gary

4. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Thank you for your replys :) i will order some films from them now. I guess i should not order more than 2 films a time because i might get charged customs otherwise.

PS i click on curency and put the site to english currency it changes to $ is this the price i will pay in £

5. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes, it still keeps the $ symbol in front when you change currency to GBP :)

Ogbyte

6. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    I got the season 6 Xfiles boxset from them paying just over £50 for it and paid zero import duty as they marked GIFT on the box :D

7. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Peter Pan 1 & 2 for less than £18, delivered in 5 days.

My mate kevinmc has ordered Ice Age for himself at around 8 quid and Winnie The Poohs Happy Pooh Year for my kids at about 9 quid.

I highly recommend this site and, seeing as how none of my order from Movietyme has arrived within a fortnight, I shall be using them for the bulk of my ordering in the future.

8. 18j

18j
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just had a reply from dvdmode believe it or not saying that they've credited my account with the £4.25 postage back to canada and offering me a complimentary choice of atoc or iceage for my inconvenience......cant fault that especially as it's the first time i've used them....well done dvdmode shame there's not more like you..or are there?

Wayne :D

9. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Have to say that I'm impressed. Ordered a couple of discs on Wednesday last and they arrived this morning. package was marked as DVD movies with a value of $14.95 can (really more like $40 can).