Has anyone here made a diesel claim?

It's a web-site, seems to be several but this is the one being advertised on mainstream radio

No point in looking for an estimate until I get the right details about the diesel Vauxhall van he until recently owned.

It does say on there that the deadline for Vauxhalls is the 31/03/2023
I missed out as the deadline for VW/Audi was passed by the time I found the car details 😞

Apparently the firm obtains insurance in case of that, but the thought does niggle me. The company is legit and some reviews were ok, but many kept getting requests for information they had already given, then had trouble getting replies to queries. I can’t be doing with the stress of it! I’ve sent them a message cancelling it. As it’s only at the beginning of the process, I hope they don’t charge me!

Apparently the firm obtains insurance in case of that, but the thought does niggle me. The company is legit and some reviews were ok, but many kept getting requests for information they had already given, then had trouble getting replies to queries. I can’t be doing with the stress of it! I’ve sent them a message cancelling it. As it’s only at the beginning of the process, I hope they don’t charge me!
This scam is happening with near all large corporations. Typically a us law firm dreams up a way of making a legal case they can potentially win. They run advertising campaigns and get as many people as they can and process to it in a join claim.
The case I am aware of they tried claim on the behalf of dead people with any money going to the estate of the deceased. Thankfully this one was rejected by the courts.
They are generally funded by a venture capital company and underwritten. But if you read the contract they also have right to claim money from the claimants. So if all goes bad it’s NOT not fee no win, because if underlying underwriters don’t pay up, its you who does.

All a big scam IMO.

After all, none of the diesel car owners suffered any actual loss.
Some diesel owners paid more for diesel cars as they were sold as emitting lower CO2 emissions than petrol cars (or less harmful). The fact that the emissions records were deliberately doctored is harm, surely.

Some diesel owners paid more for diesel cars as they were sold as emitting lower CO2 emissions than petrol cars (or less harmful). The fact that the emissions records were deliberately doctored is harm, surely.

If I'm honest, by decision to buy a diesel was driven by my expectation of getting 20-25% more mileage per gallon, litre, or whatever. Which was largely fulfilled (on long distance runs at least) and came with an annual saving in VED.

It was about NOx emissions, not CO2.

But in either case, I'm struggling to see it as an actual loss, unless someone could definitively prove that was why they bought the car?

Perhaps any claimants should really only be considered if they agree in advance that any settlement would be paid directly to projects and charities who are mitigating the effect of the unintended pollution the driver caused.....how many would proceed on that basis?

I signed up and they eventually told me I had the wrong engine type so couldn't claim. Why on earth they couldn't have excluded me right from the start is beyond my comprehension :)

After registering over two and a half years ago with Leigh Day compensation 😡😡.
Hours and hours of form filling and communicating with them, completly wasted, they even asked me personally if i wanted to sit on a committee they were setting up, they put me through a zoom interview call, sat in front of a panel of three of their people, only to be told a few weeks later that they have decided not to set the committee up now!
They have completely led me up the garden path but worse than that, they have collated a large amount of my personal data and i am very concerned about how they keep that personal data 😱😱

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom