Has anyone had tab tensioned screen that doesn't work?

daveb975

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've recently got a new XY Screens EC2 tab tensioned screen with the Soundmax 4K acoustically transparent material.

It is good overall, but I noticed that the screen was really wavy when I set it up. I wasn't overly worried because I knew I could adjust the tensioning.

The problem is that is doesn't work. The system itself works in that it tightens and loosens the tensioning strings, but it makes little or no difference to the waves in the screen!

I briefly tightened it a little too far, evidenced by the bottom of the screen curling up because the tensioning was so tight. Even then the waves were still there. I quickly slackened it off.

Is it likely the the very lightweight AT material isn't suitable for a tensioning system?

I’ve got a React 3 screen which is also tab tensioned. A while back I noticed it was wrinkling up the right side so I loosened off the tension and readjusted both left and right sides. No matter how hard I tried it didn’t fix it, and even seemed to get worse the more I tried. Eventually I realised that the bottom bar had slid across around a inch (probably me messing around so much) and this had misaligned the tab tensioning. I centred the bar, loosened off the tension, adjusted it back and it’s been spot on since.

Maybe also speak to your dealer?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom