Has anyone got their television on a radiator cover?

CasperJ

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, I've seen a lot of photos with television sets on top of radiator covers. I'm asking if it causes any issues with heat distribution, electrical supplies etc.

My set is a LG 43 inch UN71006LB with small legs
Amazon product ASIN B0853M2SXL Are there any specific covers that the set would fit on?

Many thanks in advance

CasperJ

Where have you seen these pictures ? The TV show 'Changing Rooms' made radiator covers popular in the 90s, but I'm not sure I've seen any in more recent times !

You're supposed to keep TVs away from heat sources ideally but, in reality, this can sometimes be tricky in a typical British living room.

I wouldn't put a TV above a radiator personally (it might end up too high for one thing) but if that's your only option, a floating shelf might be a better-looking, more modern option. IKEA's 'Lack' shelves are pretty substantial in my experience, but using the correct fittings to secure them properly to the wall is essential. You'd obviously have to check the depth of a shelf comfortably accommodates the legs of your TV, with a bit of room to spare.

Where have you seen these pictures ? The TV show 'Changing Rooms' made radiator covers popular in the 90s, but I'm not sure I've seen any in more recent times !

You're supposed to keep TVs away from heat sources ideally but, in reality, this can sometimes be tricky in a typical British living room.

I wouldn't put a TV above a radiator personally (it might end up too high for one thing) but if that's your only option, a floating shelf might be a better-looking, more modern option. IKEA's 'Lack' shelves are pretty substantial in my experience, but using the correct fittings to secure them properly to the wall is essential. You'd obviously have to check the depth of a shelf comfortably accommodates the legs of your TV, with a bit of room to spare.
I saw a few photos on Pinterest. I didn't know about Changing Rooms doing it. Its an idea I've had for a while. My living room is on the big side but the double radiator is a small one. I live in a rented flat and I can't see the landlord getting a bigger one in

I saw a few photos on Pinterest. I didn't know about Changing Rooms doing it. Its an idea I've had for a while. My living room is on the big side but the double radiator is a small one. I live in a rented flat and I can't see the landlord getting a bigger one in
Ah - if you're renting, then he might also not want you to start screwing shelves to the wall !

If you have a big lounge, then why would you want to put a TV above a radiator ? Surely there must be a better option elsewhere in the room than that ?

Ah - if you're renting, then he might also not want you to start screwing shelves to the wall !

If you have a big lounge, then why would you want to put a TV above a radiator ? Surely there must be a better option elsewhere in the room than that ?
Oh there are plenty of spaces its just that right now in winter its a bit cold.

Mine is 20cm above a radiator cover, no problems so far in 2 years.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom