Has anyone got the new R1 edition of Dune?

KevD

Novice Member
Havent got it yet, but there has been discussion over at DVDForum about it and it seems the EE is in widescreen.
However the pic quality on them main film is not as good as that of the French DVD Release. Looks like I will have to buy both :eek:

anephric

The extended edition IS in widescreen and looks a million times better than ever before - however, it's still exactly the same nasty, unfinished, censored TV version that Lynch disowned.

The extra features are okay, but hardly essential (the deleted scenes are the most interesting). Sanctuary did a nicer job with its specially commissioned doc in its set.

It's only worth buying the French Ultimate set if you're a real Dune fanatic, seeing as you'd only be purchasing it for a slightly warmer transfer (there are no extra features, so to speak, although it DOES have DTS). It does crop up cheap on eBay, so I'd head there rather than pay £20 for it from a European dvd etailer. The pic on the R1 is perfectly acceptable.

R

Roughneck1

The R1 comes in a very unusual Tin case, its really thin and you have to double take to make sure its in this when you first get it. Not like the Disney or King Kong size tins.

anephric

It's a steelbook, like the recent Duel, Flash Gordon, Company of Wolves discs etc, and extremely nice it is too.

Miyazaki

Novice Member
I have the HD version of Dune. That is by far the best version I have seen.

Pbryanw

Games Guru said:
I have the HD version of Dune. That is by far the best version I have seen.
Just wondering, how did you get that - I hadn't realised they'd released a copy of Dune on HD - and what do you use to watch it on?

MJeeves

Bugger! My new Region 1 locks-up and dies on the "Extended Version". Damn these Universal DVD-18's!!!!

Miyazaki

Novice Member
I downloaded it over usenet. I stream it over my xbox 360 to my hdtv.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom