• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Has anyone got the new Cyberlink Remote?

nickb23

Hi All,

Looking for a remote to use with my HTPC, and I have stumbled across the new Cyberlink Remote Control

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/main_44_ENU.html

It is designed to be used with the Blu Ray and HD-DVD features in Power DVD Ultra, and for £13, I thought it was a steal. Tried to order it, but it told me that I couldnt get it for the UK yet.

Has anyone been able to get one, or heard any good / bad things about it??

Are there any other remotes that can also control Blu Ray / HD-DVD Features in Power DVD, along with other programs (Zoom Player, VLC etc...)

thanks

Nick B

simon194

Hi All,

Looking for a remote to use with my HTPC, and I have stumbled across the new Cyberlink Remote Control

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/main_44_ENU.html

It is designed to be used with the Blu Ray and HD-DVD features in Power DVD Ultra, and for £13, I thought it was a steal. Tried to order it, but it told me that I couldnt get it for the UK yet.

Has anyone been able to get one, or heard any good / bad things about it??

Are there any other remotes that can also control Blu Ray / HD-DVD Features in Power DVD, along with other programs (Zoom Player, VLC etc...)

thanks

Nick B

I tried to order it and apparently it's illegal to ship it to the UK. :rotfl:

I've contacted Cyberlink about it and got no reply so I have contacted Element 5 who run Cyberlink's online store, who are actually based in Germany. Hopefully they can shed some light on this.

Update: Just got an email back from CyberLink. They said to contact Element 5 because it's their problem apparently. So hopefully I'll be able to get hold of these remote soon.

Update 2: Got a response from Element 5 who say CyberLink do not allow their products to be sold outside the USA or Canada which is interesting considering the number of UK retailers selling CyberLink products.
Oh well, back to CyberLink for clarification.

Update 3: Well, CyberLink confirmed that there are shipping restrictions to the UK and as they have no official resellers in the UK this product is not going to be available over here.

Standard Member
Well ive just ordered one for my AVCHD HTPC, so I'll let you know how I get on. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom