Has anyone got the knowledge?

Daavid

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Black Diamond 42inch MD 42 PDP
I've searched for info on the net about ti but it appears to be unfindable!

I would love to find a source of info on it as my wife threw out the manual when we got it last year.

Anyone know what resolution it'll go to with a PC connected? My PC graphics card only allows me 1024x768 and my TV can cope with that, anyone know if it goes higher?
Actually anyone know anything about it? Does it exist under another model number aswell that I should search for?

Suspect it's a 480 line job from the tiny bit of info I was able to find.

Thanks Choddo2006, I've read that a TV that can dislpay 1024x768 is HD. I read that at Plasma buyers guide. Well my TV is capable of displaying at least 1024x768, I don't know if the res goes any higher as my graphics card is so old it can't go any higher.
Is this true? Does its ability to hit 1024x768 mean its HD, or at least can display hd signals with HD quality? Cheers for the help.

It might be scaling it down though? Just a thought

you can feed every plasma a higher than native res and it will downscale its most probably a 852x480 res screen, the common res for a 42" is 852x480, 1024x1024 (ALIS) and 1024x768 (none square pixels) try setting PC to a WS res like 1280x720 and see what you think...

I don't think its downscaling because the screen readout switches and types 1024 x 768 on the screen for a few seconds. And I can't set the PC to a widescreen res like 1280x720 because of crap graphics card limitation. :(
Thats my main problem, the limitation of the graphics card are keeping me in the dark about how high my screen can go and there is absolutely zilch info online about my screen.

Daavid said:
I don't think its downscaling because the screen readout switches and types 1024 x 768 on the screen for a few seconds.
This is the screen displaying the incoming res it wont display its native res as an on screen icon, thats pointless. How does 1024x768 look is it stretched out or does it have black strips down each side?

Stretched out as far as I remember. No black bars anyway. But the image doesn't looked messed up or anything.

Daavid said:
Stretched out as far as I remember. No black bars anyway. But the image doesn't looked messed up or anything.
well putting a 4:3 PC res into a 16:9 display and filling the screen will mess it up easy way to fin out the res of your plasma is get a ruler and count the number of pixels in a 10cm strip down the side multiple by the height of the pixel area and you will have approx the vertical res
480 = SD
768 = HD
1024 = ALIS

Or maybe try it at 840x480 and see if the text looks sharper. Funny how there's so little info about this panel, even on the mitsubishi site.

Tell me about it. I can't even get a flippin manual replacement. I'll try that measurement method. Thanks Hornydragon.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom