1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has Anyone Got The Ae Aegis Evo Three Floorstanders

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mick23, May 26, 2002.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    READ REVIEW OF ACCOUSTIC ENERGY AEGIS EVO THREE FLOORSTANDERS IS THIS THE SAME AS AE AEGIS THREE OR IS THE EVO VERTION A NEW MODEL WONDERED IF THEY WERE ANY GOOD THANK YOU

2. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I looked into them 'cos a salesman at sevenoaks recommended going for the ae aegis evo 3, evo1 and evocentre package for my £650 budget.

I thnk they must be quite new because there isn't much info around on them and you don't seem to see them advertised in the mags. I think the evo series is an updated version, ie ae aegis evo 3 is the new version of ae aegis 3.

I spoke to one retailer who said that the older ones sounded better than the new evo models though !

3. hektic

hektic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I've had my AE Evo 3's for a couple of months now. I did have a faulty mid driver on one of mine but have had this replaced.

IMO these are great speakers and at £350 I'd say they are underpriced given the performance / finish / build quility.

I listened to quite a few speakers at around the 300 to 500
    mark and AE's were by far the best.

4. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    when i phoned 7 oaks (watford) some time ago re evos i was going to demo them ,i was told they were no good and not to bother, so i did not demo them ,so another branch suggests them, makes you wonder what to believe, i suppose just demo and make up ones own mind

5. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The sales man recommended the Evo package as an alternative to what I originally came into the shop to buy - The Mission FS2. I've read quite a few threads on this site about how happy the fs2 owners are, so I presumed that they were pretty good speakers. However, the salesman (one from Audio Excellence and one from Sevenoaks) I spoke to both slated the fs2 and said that they couldn't compare to a traditional speaker design. I was a bit disappointed as I was looking forward to getting the missions, but the guy recommended the Evo package for £650 or a wharfdale for £400.

Its a bit frustrating when you get conflicting views, but I've decided not to go for the flat panels now.