1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone got the 50" VIERA??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by fill, Jul 7, 2004.

1. fill

fill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wondered if anyone could help?
    I'm about to get the VIERA 50", but I can't find any mention of it on this forum. Loads of stuff on the 37" and 42", but nothing on the 50"?
    I've seen the 42" in action and was very pleased after viewing quite a few others, and thought I'd just go for the 50" but haven't actually seen it! I know, an expensive blind purchases! With the much higher pixel resolution I'm sure it will be fine. Just wanted to know what people thought?

Any comments would be great.
    Also getting a Denon 3805 and 2900 at the same time. Fingers crossed.

2. Claus

Claus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Fill,

I got the 50" Viera and I must say it is a fantastic plasma. It has a great PQ but you must have a player that can deliver. I have seen a calibrated version of both the 42" and the 37" and even if they deliver slightly better blacks (4000:1 vs 3000:1 on the 50") it is not that noticable. It beats any other 50" plasma on black levels anyways. The little difference in black levels is the only difference I've seen between the 50" and the 42" and 37". Everything else looks the same; Great colours, details are excellent, black levels are black and I'm also impressed by the brightness this screen delivers.

Pros:
    Excellent black levels
    Great colors
    Easy to use
    Nice design

Cons:
    No DVI/HDMI input

3. fill

fill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Claus

Many thanks for you're comments, and glad to hear you're happy with the screen. (How long did it take to settle btw?) My only sticky point with the screen is no digital port! When you say a player that can deliver, I'm guessing the Denon 2900 player with Denon 3805 amp will be ok. Those 3 items were brought via Andy at AV Sales who said they should make for a good set up? Also attached will be SKY+ / Panny 85 recorder / Xbox / PS2. I can see a cable nightmare ahead of me!!