1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone got more information on the Pioneer AX4?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Gary_W, Aug 31, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Gary_W

Gary_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade as soon as funds allow, but probably early next year. This receiver is looking interesting.

I've searched on here and got a few snippets of information regarding this amp. l also googled, and found this:-

http://www.prisjakt.nu/forum/index.php?showtopic=98640&pid=811399&st=0&#entry811399

It loses a bit in the translation, but makes for an interesting read.

I'm very interested in the new MCACC. This article claims 33 band pass filters, the lowest of which is at 62.5Hz. If this is correct, I am wondering why they don't go lower? The number of people out there using BFD's with their subs due to horrible room response down low should mean that the sub 50Hz stuff gets a bit of action? I have a really huge room gain spike at 50Hz and it would be superb if a one box solution could get rid of it.

Pioneer UK don't seem to have any details, or at least the person I just spoke to wasn't able to help. If anyone has any info, I'd be interested.

Gary