1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone got any info on Sharp XV320p

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jasonb, Sep 25, 2002.

1. jasonb

jasonb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just brought this projector from one of the guys on the forum and as a first step into having a projector it's not too bad but I'm sure that I could get a little more out of it with a bit of help from you guys!!!!!
    I'm currently running it through a marantz SR5200 from a Marantz 3100 DVD using Profigold S-Video, (as the PJ only has composite and S-video inputs). I'm projecting on a screen I made myself from MDF / pine boaders and painted with Dulux Ice Storm 5.When making adjusts with contrast ect... theres not much diference, but the biggest problem that I've got is the fact that I can't adjust the size of the picture without moving the pPJ closer or further away..Any Ideas guys....

2. meva

meva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,
    Thats the only way unfortunately. I've still got a Sharp XV315P somewhere , my 1st projector and very pleased with it I was too, although the picture looks horrible to me now I've upgraded.
    Have fun !!

3. jasonb

jasonb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got any good tips for settings on this Projector. I've fiddled a bit and it looks a lot better but are there any external tips to make improvements!!!!

4. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,737
    You could try the Hoya FL-D filter trick, certainly makes a nice difference on my DLP.

Jason, I actually have a spare one which I bought 2 weeks ago for £19....not even opened it yet.

As you're in Cambridge you could pick it up and try it, if you like it then buy it off me - I was only going to return it to the shop anyway!

btw do you know in Cambridge where you can buy blackout material i.e black felt or velvet?

Cheers
    Matt

5. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.johnlewis.com/info/corporate/DSMain.asp?str=960&StoreID=12

Your local John Lewis will have a vast range of material cut to any size you want. I bought my velvet from there which does an excellent job at a) looking good b) cutting out all light spill from a 4:3 projector.

When I went they had a few types of velvet, in the end I went for the velvet which was black, very light, and it had a gold line about 3 or 4cm from the edge. The other velvet was way too heavy imho.

/James

6. jasonb

jasonb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi smurfin

Yep sounds good! how does it work and what does it do excuse my ignorance but I'd like to give it a go are you about towards the end of the week

Jason

7. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,737
    Probably Friday to be honest mate.....I work away most of the time.

PM'd my mobile no. to you:)

8. jasonb

jasonb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Smurfin,

Have you tried the Fabric warehouse unit 18 (I Think!) on London Road in Sawston. They will also cut it to size for free if you ask them nicely.....

Worth a try anyway

9. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,737
    Got it sorted already thanks:D Looks like a bloody cinema now!!!

10. jasonb

jasonb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, sounds pretty cool now. Have you managed to sort out the problems with your projector!!!! I'll give you a ring tomorrow about the filter. Can't wait to have a demo!!!!!