Has anyone got a TH50PX70 yet?

papa_flump

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been looking to up my 42" PWD7 for a while... and the look of the new panny has impressed me.. but it's no good looking good if there's not much to it.. if you get what I mean.

Firstly... my trusty old PWD7 is great for watching sky+ and dvd etc.. everything goes through a JST RGB>VGA converter. Would the new panny give me similar results using the same connection (until sky hd installed)??? Could not stand the wife moaning (more than she usually does :D ) if sd picture is lesser.

Secondly... would my existing wall bracket fit the new screen... (are the fixing holes in a 42PWD7 in the same place as the TH50PX70)

Anyway for £1349 with wall bracket (possibly not needed).... seems a pretty good price, almost too good to turn down.

50PX60 is as good on sd as my pw7. But to be fair hd doesn't look much better despite the increased res.

Fixing holes were in the same place.

Thanks data1,

I could collect the set today... hang it on the wall, spray it silver before she arives home and she might not even realise until next week by which time I can use the 'it's been there for ages love'

very tempting indeed...

Thanks data1,

I could collect the set today... hang it on the wall, spray it silver before she arives home and she might not even realise until next week by which time I can use the 'it's been there for ages love'

very tempting indeed...

Hi papa_flump, where about are you located.
I've been trying to locate somewhere local to me with a 50PX70 in stock to go and have a play with but have turned up a blank in most of the usual paces.

just returned home with one from birmingham... wife's not too happy :D

Can you please let me know what it is like once you are set up and settled.

I shall be TV less this time next week and need to sort myself with either this or the Pio 507xd.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom