• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Has anyone got a ps3 by hand from the Usa

OfficialSono

Evening,

Just want to make a quick enquiry how much does a 60GB Playstation 3 cost from the Usa.?

i am going on a 4 day trip next week and would like to bring one back for my cousin so i thought i would confirm.

How much does it cost altogether i hear they add vat?

Also

Do you get charged customs or vat bringing it back to this country.

Thanks

shade_of_meta

Its $ 599 + state and gov tax...usually $ 640 - $ 650 depending on the state you're in...

IIRC you can claim back the gov tax when you're leaving...

If you get caught at customs they'll charge you the usual 20 odd % so its your risk :D

I read recently they're clamping down at customs due to the good exchange rate but i imagine its going to depend on what time of the day you're arriving back lol..

I'm off to NYC next week for Christmas and will be posting all my receipts home if i pay for anything expensive :smashin:

SNuRCHeR

Standard Member
Sorry for hijacking the thread, a lady i work with is going to Hong Kong next week and was asking if a PS3 from there would work ok over here ??? What compatability problems would she encounter when she gives her son a Japenese PS3 for christmas ??

(wish she was my mom !!)

shade_of_meta

yeah i am going to Nyc this Thur for 4 days of shopping.

cousin wants one.

I'm off next tuesday for the same thing ;)

I was going to wait but i'd say if you're staying in the Manhattan area then it'll be all but impossible to get one...

if you're heading north west towards the canadian border you might have better luck but i'm sure you've better things to do in 4 days!!

shade_of_meta

Sorry for hijacking the thread, a lady i work with is going to Hong Kong next week and was asking if a PS3 from there would work ok over here ??? What compatability problems would she encounter when she gives her son a Japenese PS3 for christmas ??

(wish she was my mom !!)

No issues at all, its all in English and works with UK plugs,

Parklife

(wish she was my mom !!)

If you actually buy a Hong Kong version it comes with a UK plug. The best place to go is Golden Computer Arcade in Sham Shui Po. Picked mine up there last week.

The Hong Kong version is also bundled with an extra controller and 3 games and can be purcahsed for around £400 (HK$ 6000).

They are selling the Japanese version there as well and all you need for this is a UK kettle lead.

The only compatability issues is the Blu Ray region (A) which is the US and Far East, so UK Blu Ray films would not work.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom