Has anyone got a Loewe Xelos with 2500 chassis?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Stanley_Cooper, May 11, 2002.

1. Stanley_Cooper

Stanley_Cooper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can some help me please. I've been waiting for my Loewe Xelos 5381 for over a month now from my local dealer. The reason why i've been waiting for so long is because I want this tv with the 2500 chassis and not the old 2400 chassis.

I was told yesterday that nowhere in the U.K that anyone has this new chassis model and apparently they are trying to get rid of the old stock before bringing in the new chassis.

Can anyone confirm this to me? or is my local dealer trying to fob me off? I can wait another month for the tv if needs be, but to have to wait any longer then i'm not happy.

Stan...:mad: :mad:

2. drashp

drashp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I went into Empire Electrical in Bradford and said that I wanted a 28" Xelos but with the new chassis - seemed a waste to pay the same for less with the older chassis. The salesperson got straight on the phone to the rep to confirm that this new chassis existed, then he told me it'd be there the following week, as all the ones in their warehouse were the old model. He confirmed that it would be same price (£720) Sure enough, they phoned (twice) to sort things out and to inform me that it'd arrived within 7 days. Went to the shop and they even took it out of the box and ran the setup just to confirm that it was the right model, even though the paperwork already confirmed it to have the new chassis.

Never had a problem with Empire - one of the best electrical shops I've ever used. I think it might be the retail part of Empire Direct (which I've never used), but dont quote me on that. The price was a few quid more than Empire Direct but they have a showroom with demo rooms etc, so I dont mind the extra.

Its a pretty good tv, when you consider the price and that the 28" Sony/Panasonic etc I looked at all cost more and had poorer pictures. I vey pleased with it.

3. idoc61172

idoc61172

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I collected my 28" Xelos with the new Q2500 chassis at the weekend and I'm delighted with it. Main viewing will be from a Nokia terrestrial digibox via RGB (I have poor analogue reception), and the picture is about the best I've seen from a digital feed.

You can also check on the box that the TV you've received has the new chassis - I emailed Linn to ask what to look for - on the label beside Xelos 5270ZW there is an article number - 61457 A 62 (Platinum) or 61457 L 62 (Graphite) indicates indicates the Q2500 chassis.

Iain.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

I'm on the point to purchase a Aconda 9381ZW. How do you know it comes with the new chassis q2500? Is the 9281 with the 2400 and the 9381 with the 2500?

What are the differences between Aconda, Xelos, Vitros...or Articos? Only speaking on the picture or technical issues.

What do you think of the B&O tv's? Is the picture even better? I saw the new Beovision 3, very impressed! The man in the store told me that the tube is a philips (like for Loewe) but with a very strict imperativs.

Thanks for your objectivity.

P.S. Of course, Loewe is expensive and B&O even more (and really too much for my wallet....but).

5. idoc61172

idoc61172

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Loewe website suggests the Vitros and Aconda 9281 still have the Q2400... but their website is notoriously slow to be updated, so I would email Loewe direct to check.

Iain.

6. Stanley_Cooper

Stanley_Cooper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It seems for some reason that at the moment that the Xelos 5270ZW (28 inch) is more popular than the 5381 (32 inch).

I spoke to a Loewe spokes person on Friday and aparently they are wanting to get rid of all the 2400 chassis first and then launch the tv with the 2500 chassis. Even though they've already got the newer model in stock!:mad:

Now i've been waiting for a month and a half for this tv. I don't really want to wait the same amount again....

idoc61172 where did you get you're tv from as i'm wanting to find if any place does sell the new 2500 chassis. My local dealer doesn't seem to be doing anything about the problem or putting pressure on Loewe to get the tv so if he knows another place to get them, then maybe he'll think twice and get my the bloody tv.....

Not happy stan....:mad: :mad:

7. idoc61172

idoc61172

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Xelos came from Robert Whyte in Glasgow (about 1 mile away from me, so very handy!) They ordered it from Loewe last Monday, and it was ready for collection by Friday.

Incidentally, I tried to get John Lewis to do a price match, but they wouldn't because they only 'stock' the platinum finish, not the graphite that I wanted. Don't know how this conforms with Scots Law though - JL offer to order any Loewe, which I'd think constitutes an offer to sell, and which should oblige them to price match.

But life's too short to get into that sort of argument over a TV...

Iain.

8. Stanley_Cooper

Stanley_Cooper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    WOO HOO:D :D

After finally convincing my dealer that you could get a Xelos 5381 with the 2500 chassis I am now going to get one next week after nearly two months of waiting for one!!

I'm looking forward to it now...

All I need now is to work out whether to buy Key Eggs or Keg Q1's...hmmmmmm

Stan is happy now!

9. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Stanley_Cooper,
    I hope it arrives for you promptly. From where? Another dealer?
    Brand new in a box I trust.
    I wouldn't say your dealer can pressure Loewe.
    He really has to wait for the set to arrive just like yourself.
    Loewe in the UK is comparatively small, and all though the CRT is an older non face flat design they are still in high demand for lower priced sets from Philips, JVC and Panasonic etc. It's not such a case of Xelos high demand, more a shortage of picture tubes, this affected other makers too, but mostly they have all moved on to face flat CRTs.
    Have you still the JVC on loan? If so why not ask the dealer to lend you a Philips 28PW9617 to keep you sweet. You may prefer it to the Xelos, if not at least you will enjoy the latest Philips technology while waiting.
    If it's any help, I believe Loewe are short of CRTs of this type until late June.
    Try writing snail mail to:
    Loewe Opta GmbH,
    IndustriestraBe 11,
    D-96317 Kronach
    Enquire why the delay, often a different perspective to Linn.

10. Stanley_Cooper

Stanley_Cooper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi gringottsdirect,

No my the same dealer phoned me up yesterday and told me that the tv will be in some time next week. Incidentally I also went to my local Sevenoaks near where I work and asked them about the availability of this TV. They spoke to their distibutor and Loewe whilst I was there is said they could get the tv for next week.

So in all case at least i'm happy. Yeah i've still got the JVC it's a nice tv although does have some bugs should I say. Fact i've got quite attached the the tv now so i'm just gonna swap the jvc with the Xelos. Yeah I am tempted to try it on demo'ing the phillips, but all said and done i've agreed with the Xelos and am happy. For the case of a week I can stick with the JVC for now...

Stan..

11. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Stan,

Fingers crossed for you.