1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone got a Home Theatre Master MX 500 ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Phil Brown, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Phil Brown

Phil Brown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With a growing pile of remotesI am now in the market for a universal ... and as always this board is a great source of info.

I cant quite convince myself on a pronto, touch screen, scrolling thru menus etc.... got quite interested in the Philips RU880 after good things on this board... but fear you have to remember too much what functions you have set to certain buttons !

Then i saw ( on Remote Central ) the Home Theatre MX 500... this seems an ideal mix of "real buttons" and an lcd to tell you what the buttons are assigned.

So has anyone got one of these ?? any views or thoughts on its capabiltities ??

Also i cant find a UK supplier for this one ... but no problems ordering from US I would guess ?

Thanks Phil

2. 4runner4

4runner4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    about a year ago...and I LOVE it.
    The others you mentioned seem to have a lot of capability but the MX500 has such a beautiful compliment of hard buttons...transports, volume, channel, number keys, mute, prev channel, menu joystick...that it seemed MUCH more natural to me. PLUS the macro capability, 20 ADDITIONAL programable functions for each of 10 devices, 50 "favorite channel" buttons, System off" button, hard power button (programable for each device)....etc.
    The back light is very good also.
    I had also tried the MX-1000 but found I missed to hard buttons and the pronto, et al just didn't have a nice feel in my hand

I think you'll love it - unless of course you have some very special needs such as UHF or programable codes.

3. Phil Brown

Phil Brown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks 4runner.... I am convinced. I guess from your address you are stateside ( california ) I am looking around for a UK source... but maybe I will import one from Remote Central... thanks again for response. phil