• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Has anyone got a Data Migration Kit?

netgem21

Established Member
Hi

Is there anyone who has bought a 120GB HD for their Xbox 360? If you've migrated your data already, as it's single-use only, any chance I could borrow the disc that comes in the kit? I already have the cable. Obviously I'll sent it straight back to you the next day. If anyone can help me, please PM me.

Thanks for all your help.

Benjero

Banned
I take it you bought an american hdd with the incompatible disc.

A good way to do it is to get xplorer 360 and hook the 20gb hdd and cable up to the usb, then transfer your files to your pc. Then replace the 2gb with the 120gb into the pc again and transfer it back over.

Be very careful not to make a backup image of the drive as if you restore it to the 120 it will only show as a 20gbhdd in the 360.

It's best to create a folder on the pc and transfer over the partitions. then transfer back from there to the 12ogb.
:)

netgem21

Established Member
I take it you bought an american hdd with the incompatible disc.

A good way to do it is to get xplorer 360 and hook the 20gb hdd and cable up to the usb, then transfer your files to your pc. Then replace the 2gb with the 120gb into the pc again and transfer it back over.

Be very careful not to make a backup image of the drive as if you restore it to the 120 it will only show as a 20gbhdd in the 360.

It's best to create a folder on the pc and transfer over the partitions. then transfer back from there to the 12ogb.
:)

nope i have an elite. I don't want to bother with that xSata thing. If anyone has the disc, please PM me. I already have a cable

Thanks

Benjero

Banned
nope i have an elite. I don't want to bother with that xSata thing. If anyone has the disc, please PM me. I already have a cable

Thanks

you don't need xsata you can use the cable that you have (the official migration cable) just plug and play. then start xplorer and select open hard drive, than you should see the contents of the drive in the window.

netgem21

Established Member
you don't need xsata you can use the cable that you have (the official migration cable) just plug and play. then start xplorer and select open hard drive, than you should see the contents of the drive in the window.

well i'm on a mac so i don't know how that would work - can i do it on a mac?

Rhys89

Standard Member
ive got a problem, i traded in my 360 premium to get my Elite, and on the form for gettinh a migration cable you need your old registration number. Which obviosly i dnt know, any advice?

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
well you dont need the migration kit then do you,as you dont have anything to migrate.?!
but you could always phone microsoft,and see what they say,or buy one second hand.

Rhys89

Standard Member
i didnt trade in my 20GB hard drive, Gamestation give you 30 days to transfer the data and they'll buy it for £30

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom