Has anyone gone from an s4 to a n5?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by shahedz, Feb 16, 2014.

1. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,950
    I am thinking of making the change. I have an s4 from O2 which I think is quite slow. I have recently been using the moto g phone and it feels so much faster and easier to use with out any manufacturer software like Samsung rubbish loaded onto it and being just plain android.

I would prefer my s4 not to have any samsung software but don't have the confidence or know how to root it myself.

Has anyone made the change ? Any regrets ?

2. mitchec1

mitchec1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,119
    Yes I have and not regretted at all. The N5 works for me the s4 was just p***ing me off.

I was fed up with the Samsung bloatware the fact it was taking so long for my unbranded phone to get 4.3 and with the knox bootloader being locked down it was time to swap.

Ironically the day I ordered my N5 was the day the S4 got it's update for 4.3

3. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,950
    That's whats irritating me. Android asks if you want to use XXXX as a default app to carry out a certain function, You click yes and then Samsung asks you to go to preferences etc and choose from there.

As good as the hardware is , Samsung's software is bugging the hell out of me,