1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone ever been able buy AR Speakers in the UK?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by swiftnick, Aug 30, 2001.

1. swiftnick

swiftnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    June 2000 HCC ran an article on Acoustic Research HiRes speakers (namely the AR2C, AR3 & AR11)

The main distributor in the UK is CSE solutions who are very helpful but are on the verge of dropping AR products as they can't get them!

I have tried Customer services in the US, spoken to the financial director of Recoton Germany (the parent company), and I even tried to buy some when on business in Boston. No Luck and no one from AR seems to care! I even trawled the web for resellers, lots of them in the US, but none will ship internationally!

Is it at all possible to get these speakers in the UK? or as advised by most resellers (in the UK & US) should I just give up and buy a different make.

2. riddler

riddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No offence but do you realy want to buy something so hard to find ?<br />If your having this much trouble buying the things imagine trying to get any problems sorted out.

I would certainly find something else.Plenty of people here can make suggestions is you post what you needs present kit room and budget is.

3. Tarkovsky

Tarkovsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know whether this applies to you but I found a pair of AR8s second hand for a tenner. For that money they were a really really good bargain, a really quite likable sound, that is until the surrounds fell apart and I had to chuck them in the bin. This I hear is common. I'm much happier with a pair of Kef Codas I got second hand for £20...

4. Arendal - Russell

Arendal - Russell
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,126
    :confused:

Russell