Has anyone ever been a spectator at a film premiere?

jimmyboy1975

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've been lucky enough to walk down the red carpet twice for a couple of film premiere's because I used to work for Aardman, the question is though I'm intending to travel to London for the Expendables 2 film premiere next month and was wondering what the etiquette is of being a spectator watching the stars rolling in from the side lines.
When I walked down the carpet I don't remember what the crowd was like as it was such a buzz. So should I get there very early and will it be really busy? I believe the stars will be arriving from 5.15pm.

Having done it twice, that's probably 2 more times that most people here. I think you'd be in the best position to answer your own question? Unless of course Tom Cruise is a member of AVF?

Did it for Independance Day ages ago, won premiere tickets in a competition. Walked the red carpet and everything.

I remember the crowd being supportive but you could see "Who's that?" written all over their faces as they cheered and applauded. I dont know if they just assumed that we were something to do with the film because we were on the red carpet or what, but everyone got the "red carpet" treatment.

Course, it might have all changed but I doubt it. It was a real buzz for me and im a wallflower in these kind of situations so im sure you will have a blast!

Maybe it was just Independance Day at a decent cinema (Odeon Leicester Square) or the sheer size of the venue but it also felt like the audio had been punched up to the point where I could feel my trouser legs flapping in the breeze from the subs!

Jas.

i have done it once. Fierce Creatures and i sat behind Ronnie Corbet and John Clease.

My uncle was friends with both and was a writer for the film (i think) but the less said about that **** the better i think

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused. Is this thread 'have you ever walked down a red carpet' or 'have you ever been a spectator at a premiere'?

I stumbled across the I, Robot one and I saw Will Smith get wicky wicky wa wa. Looked busy. I'd get there early.

You need to cry uncontrollably, preferably whilst holding up a home made placard declaring your undying love for Sylvester/Jason/Jet

HOF said:
i have done it once. Fierce Creatures and i sat behind Ronnie Corbet and John Clease.

My uncle was friends with both and was a writer for the film (i think) but the less said about that **** the better i think

Did you have a good view over corbets head.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been both sides of the fence, so to speak, and being on the red carpet side is much better!
The main thing with being a spectator is getting there early as it'll get busy. There will be people pushing and screaming all over the place, and to be honest, its not something I'd do again. Its basically just hours and hours of standing around doing nothing, waiting for that hour or so where the red carpet people arrive, then you either wait around for a few more hours to see them leave, or you go home.
You pretty much just have to pick a spot and stay there, no going off to explore or anything as someone will jump into your space and all you'll see is the backs of their heads when all the celebs arrive. Its just not worth it for me.

I went to the X Men Premiere @ the Odeon Leicester Square a few years back thanks to a friend who knew another friend who did some work in the movie business. It's something to experience walking along that red carpet, I found it a bit intimidating in some respects because it was quite a long walk and I was about the only person walking in at that time. Just before the film started all the cast came out on stage as well, so I can say I've been in the same cinema at least as Halle Berry :)

I think I'd far rather sit in a bar round the corner, have a couple beers, wait for the crowds to die down, then walk into the cinema, watch the film and leave.

But that's just me...

I think I'd far rather sit in a bar round the corner, have a couple beers, wait for the crowds to die down, then walk into the cinema, watch the film and leave.

But that's just me...

Yeah im the same, did exactly that for the borat premiere

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom