Has anyone else's plex stopped working

lpoolm

Have a 55bv7500 I think..
So my plex has worked great since purchase last year but last week when I try to connect I get an error message saying my server is offline which is not, been searching and seen to see a lot of people saying it's not supported, but wanted to ask on here if anyone has the same issue

dstojic

Standard Member
Have a 55bv7500 I think..
So my plex has worked great since purchase last year but last week when I try to connect I get an error message saying my server is offline which is not, been searching and seen to see a lot of people saying it's not supported, but wanted to ask on here if anyone has the same issue
Here on U8QF everything OK.

dstojic

Standard Member
I got this email today from Plex:

On September 30, 2020 we will be ending support for the Plex app on some older smart TVs (some Vizio, LG, and Hisense models). These devices are unable to use modern, secure connections when communicating with our services. You're receiving this email because we show that you've recently used a Plex app that might be affected by this change.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we encourage you to upgrade your Plex experience with one of several updated and affordable devices such as Google Chromecast, Roku Express, or Amazon Fire TV Stick.

Thanks,
The Plex Team

lpoolm

I got this email today from Plex:

On September 30, 2020 we will be ending support for the Plex app on some older smart TVs (some Vizio, LG, and Hisense models). These devices are unable to use modern, secure connections when communicating with our services. You're receiving this email because we show that you've recently used a Plex app that might be affected by this change.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we encourage you to upgrade your Plex experience with one of several updated and affordable devices such as Google Chromecast, Roku Express, or Amazon Fire TV Stick.

Thanks,
The Plex Team
Thanks that's pretty much what mine says, something about secure connection!!
I don't really want to have to plug a fire stick in but don't really have another option!

Madao

I don't really want to have to plug a fire stick in but don't really have another option!

Mind if I ask why? Not judging or anything. Just wondering because I find the Plex on firestick a lot better than the Hisense version.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom