• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Has anyone else given up the chase?

Tarbat

Prominent Member
Well, I've had it, I'm giving up. I pre-ordered in November, now find there's no chance of getting a console by Xmas, badly let-down by the poor Nintendo/retailer stock communication, GUS promised 6000 consoles and only got 1100, etc.....

I've tried on eBay, driven to a couple of Tescos. It's just not worth the chase anymore. The chances of finding a Wii console in the far north of the Scottish Highlands seems as likely as a white Christmas.

Now, about that pre-order for a turkey at Morrisons :eek:

Has anyone else given up?

lennon

Established Member
Who is GUS?

I havent exactly given up but placed a order with Gameplay just to get in the queue.

I am getting to the stage where im not that bothered any more. The number of daily calls I am making is down to one or two and I am just using these forums to keep an eye out for information.

R

Red and kitty

Anyone thinking it might be a good idea to pre-order a PS3 now?? What are the chances Sony will make an error in judgement with their stock?

lennon

Established Member
If you want a PS3 then the only chance you will have of getting one is to pre-order very early or pay the e-bayers. I heavily suspect that Nintendos stock problems will pale into insignificance compared to Sony's when they finally launch over here. The other problem with the ps3 is that a lot of places already took pre-orders for the PS3 before the delay was announced so if they have been carried over then it may already be difficult.

fredgee

Established Member
After running around like a mad man going from shop to shop and from town to town since launch. Been phoning around and been told yes we have stock. Driving miles and then being told we aren’t getting any.:thumbsdow
Ive been going into my local Game every day this week and each day I have been told we are definitely getting some tomorrow. All Lies I tell you…tomorrow never comes...:(
Somebody at Nintendo needs shooting as far as im concerned. They have let me down big style…

Yeah I give up…

(until next week)..;)

Tarbat

Prominent Member
Yeah I give up…

(until next week)..;)
Yes, I'm giving myself one last go at getting a Wii next Monday. Hoping the roads around here are re-opened by then (flooded at the moment), and I've got to do the 90 mile round-trip to Inverness anyway to take the wife to hospital, so will go into the Tesco stores and see if they have stock. I don't hold out much hope, I suspect that any stock will be grabbed by buyers over the weekend.

It's at times like these that I realise that remote rural living does have disadvantages!

Alun

Prominent Member
Anyone thinking it might be a good idea to pre-order a PS3 now?? What are the chances Sony will make an error in judgement with their stock?

Pre-ordered mine in june from Play.

I will be pre-ordering another, just in case.

I havent given up the wii hunt just yet, but I have stopped visiting shops at midnight.......

Will more than likely wait till after xmas now.

(another failed GAME preorder)

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Nope, I will have a Wii before Christmas (no jokes about seeing a doctor if I don't please :D) - never give up the chase!:)

milkmanchris

Established Member
Nope, I will have a Wii before Christmas (no jokes about seeing a doctor if I don't please :D) - never give up the chase!:)

You and me both Cas :)

UnGreat

Established Member
I had hoped that this console would be different. I had read reports a few weeks before release that Nintendo had promised plenty of stock, so I hadn't really worried to much. :suicide:

Now it's a week before Christmas and not a hope of getting my hands on one. I blame Ebay partly, the number of people selling wii's for over £300 is insane. You just know staff in shops with stock are emptying the shelves to give themselves a christmas bonus. :(

rss

Established Member

Hope you find one! I managed to bag one at Tesco Bar Hill yesterday after hearing a strange voice in my head telling me to call them. Couldn't believe it when the bloke on the phone said 'Yes Sir, we have several'.

I'm wondering whether what we have seen this week is the remnants of last week's European shipment and the next big one will hit the street midweek next week. Just a hunch.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read a post from you saying you were going to wait until after the New Year...

Did you change your mide like me? My mind was changed when my wife said I could get one because she knew they were out of stock everywhere. Had to prove her wrong.

cHk4

Banned
Well my only chance is if some stores in reading have one in on the 23rd! Think I got a better chance of winning the WSOP!

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read a post from you saying you were going to wait until after the New Year...

Did you change your mide like me? My mind was changed when my wife said I could get one because she knew they were out of stock everywhere. Had to prove her wrong.

I must say initially and in the run up to launch I was happy to wait (hence no pre-order) but i've since got the bee under my bonnet and must have one!! :D

milkmanchris

Established Member
I must say initially and in the run up to launch I was happy to wait (hence no pre-order) but i've since got the bee under my bonnet and must have one!! :D

As we spoken CAS thats the same as me, I turned down the chance to pre order earlier in the year, never really been a Nintendo fan, but after seeing sports it looks right up my street.

If i get one b4 christmas all well and good, and this has made the anticipation all the better.

Saying that I got a week off in January so that may have to do

What will be will be

Captain Speedy

Prominent Member
Im hoping to repeat my x-mas miracale of last year, wallking into game in MK on x-mas eve and finding a 360 just sitting on the shelf!!! (it was a package with 4 games but i was getting 6 anyway)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom