Has anyone changed their travel arrangements because of Coronavirus?

Have your 2020 holiday plans changed because of the Coronavirus?

• Yes, I decided not to book

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Yes, my booked holiday has been cancelled

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • Yes, I am/was abroad and the holiday will be/was cut short

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I'm going to holiday somewhere else

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • No, I intend to book a 2020 holiday to my chosen destination anyway if I can

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • No, I want to go on my booked holiday if I can

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • No, but I'm hoping my booked holiday gets cancelled

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • No, I am/was abroad and am sticking/stuck to the plan

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
In Laws are stuck in Cambodia at the moment, they are trying to fly to Singapore and then get a flight home. All up in the air but they are enjoying the beer and weather !

Notice posted today at our hotel in Tenerife

53E9225F-FEB8-44FF-83F9-1F41DE55B25D.jpeg

We fly back tomorrow

We have our holiday to Turkey booked for the end of May, right now i'm holding off making any decision until nearer the time as we are still the best part of 10 weeks away

Granted there is every chance things will still be in full swing then but i'll make the decision about a fortnight before

We were supposed to be sailing to santander then driving up through France for 2 weeks to cherbourg mid april, all cancelled now

Virgin now offering refund or rebook by end April next year - we still want to go so we're likely to go for the rebooking option in a year ! Hopefully we're all alive by then !!

I think this one needs some pondering on whether to get a refund or a rebook...

as I'd imagine if you rebook then it's the same price? - what about moving to / from peak season? (cash adjustment either way?)

get a refund, and the price of course goes up or down when you try and book again...

if a smaller airline company / travel agent etc goes bust because of lost business then a chance of losing your money if you do rebook to a further date?

Just had our holiday to Majorca cancelled by the FCO.
Hopefully we'll get a full refund ..

I was supposed to be travelling in a couple of weeks to Milan on business and today was informed it was cancelled.

Yeah....shocker. :facepalm:

I had been looking forward to it for the last few days as well.... not.

Updated thread title: Has anyone not changed their travel arrangements because of Coronavirus?

we've got 2 hotels booked for the next 2 saturday nights - latter one being a 5 star for my lady;s birthday...she's suggesting that we cancel it... :(

We got this today..

In light of the latest government advice regarding coronavirus, your forthcoming Center Parcs break is cancelled. We'll send you an email shortly with the options available to you. We kindly request that you refrain from calling our Contact Centre.

Got a weekend in the Lakes Booked (B&B) in just over 2 weeks time and 5 days in the mountains in southern Spain (apartment booked) in 2 months time.

I’ll settle for 1 out of 2 at the moment!

edit. So not changed anything yet but only a matter of time...

We had a cheap welsh coast weekend get away booked for early next month. Not even going to bother with that. We will probably be on a full force military lockdown by then.

My sister is living in South Africa at the mo and we were due to visit her in May before she returns home for good in July. Now she’s in touch with the actually foreign secretary to work out where she stands!

Due to have a short break starting today in this country but decided to cancel as wife is concerned & says its not essential travel.
Shame really, also both hotel & local shops, restaurants etc all lose some business,.probably happening all over.

Earlier today Singapore stopped all entry and transit for 'short-stay' visitors.

My in-laws had 4 overseas holidays booked this year. All cancelled. I’m more upset about it than they are.

Flights booked to NYC in July. Not changing anything with them now and hoping it will still be on. No worries if not.

Weekend in the Lakes in 2 weeks time now looking doubtful. :rolleyes::(

Spain in 2 months looking doubtful too.

Probably not bother booking anything else for the time being.

Flights booked to NYC in July. Not changing anything with them now and hoping it will still be on. No worries if not.

Really? That’s the very definition of optimism. There is absolutely ZERO prospect of that going ahead, I would seriously consider your options. Unless you can’t get a refund or change date of course. It would take a miracle for people’s international holidays to go ahead this summer, by July we will be in the grip of complete global catastrophe by then. I wouldn’t even bank on any holidays like that happening even before July 2021.

Last edited:
Even if it's all subsided by then (fat chance), other countries won't be wanting to accept passengers from foreign countries in case they're infected.

Was supposed to be visiting Corfu on May.

Not going to happen now, unless miracles do happen.

With easyJet cancelling 90% of their flights and changes at work (leaves going to be cancelled) it's pretty much game over as far the wife and myself are concerned

Really? That’s the very definition of optimism. There is absolutely ZERO prospect of that going ahead, I would seriously consider your options. Unless you can’t get a refund or change date of course. It would take a miracle for people’s international holidays to go ahead this summer, by July we will be in the grip of complete global catastrophe by then. I wouldn’t even bank on any holidays like that happening even before July 2021.
Yeah no worries, it's a trip to visit friends so if they're still alive, we're still alive and Virgin havent gone bust I'll just rearrange it for another time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom