Has anyone changed their travel arrangements because of Coronavirus?

Have your 2020 holiday plans changed because of the Coronavirus?

• Yes, I decided not to book

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Yes, my booked holiday has been cancelled

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • Yes, I am/was abroad and the holiday will be/was cut short

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I'm going to holiday somewhere else

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • No, I intend to book a 2020 holiday to my chosen destination anyway if I can

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • No, I want to go on my booked holiday if I can

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • No, but I'm hoping my booked holiday gets cancelled

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • No, I am/was abroad and am sticking/stuck to the plan

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Anyone worried enough to change their holiday plans?
Or do you think it's fine to go on holiday to places where there hasn't been a larger outbreak?

We were in the process of booking one a couple of weeks ago my wife has decided she’d rather wait a while now.

I can understand where she’s coming from.

Still planning to go to Corfu in May, but my Edinburgh trip is up in the air after Flybe went bust.

I've got three weeks in Australia/NZ coming up in a few months, and Spain for my sister's wedding in September. No plans to cancel anything, hoping things don't get so bad that I'll need to.

Anyone worried enough to change their holiday plans?
Or do you think it's fine to go on holiday to places where there hasn't been a larger outbreak?

No I did not change my plans. I'vd not been back long having travelled to Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand & Malaysia.

If I'd cancelled I would have lost £2k or so in hotel bookings. As it is I had 2 flights cancelled and I'm having to involve my CC as the airlines are playing silly buggers.

We were due to visit the travel agent and book a holiday last Friday, but have decided to wait now. Too many unknown variables, lots of companies could go bust. Possible restrictions in travel. Maybe in a few months there will be some bargains to be had. I don’t know, but I can understand most people holding off.

We were going to go to Italy this month for a birthday - not going now.

I've already booked my flights and hotels for Russia in May. Holding off booking the train and activities for now, although not planning on cancelling.

We already booked the MotoGP weekend in Italy in September and a trip to California in November before this was known about, so hopefully these still go ahead.

We were looking to book a family holiday (21 of us) this Summer to Thailand or somewhere close to that region, before this virus even kicked off. Those plans have now taken a back seat until closer to the Summer to see if things change....

My son also has a school trip at Easter, to Barcelone (all paid for already) but can't see that happening now.....:(

Not a holiday but work trip to NY was binned

We would have gone away somewhere during the half term in May. Not booking anything now.

We were going to have a week in Nerja but we aren't going now. We may try to get to Edinburgh for a night instead.

My Brother-in-Law and his Mrs were scheduled to come to the UK for six months (they are semi-retired, living in New Zealand) but that looks like it has been put on hold.

Haven't changed any plans yet, but we do have a trip to Florida booked from the 4th of April. We've had this booked for 2 years and it's cost an awful lot of money for 12 of us so it will be really disappointing if we have to cancel.

Was last week about to pull the trigger with a few mates on a golfing holiday in May, but now looks like May is going to be a real bad month so holding off for now.

There's going to be a lot of damage done to the industry if this continues into the summer.

Recently booked a week in Dubai for beginning of April (just before the outbreak started).
Definitely still going although reading the UAE news sites it seems they are isolating anyone from the Top 10 countries who even coughs or sneezes when they arrive. Luckily the UK is just outside the Top 10 but not by much so praying things don't get too bad here. I do tend to get quite sniffling on a long flight anyway and my son always has a cold.

Though I can imagine isolation in a Dubai hosital is probably 5 star anyway :D

Not changed, we don’t tend to book that far in advance. Looking to get away over Easter though. Not sure where yet.

Not changed, we don’t tend to book that far in advance. Looking to get away over Easter though. Not sure where yet.

I hear the garden is nice at that time of year.

I have Thailand booked in October, I’m hoping it’s blown over and I don’t have to cancel

Already booked a week off work for Easter so will probably get a bloody good last minute deal for Spain or Portugal.

Someone I work with has cancelled their holiday to Tenerife next week. Of course they have lost their money and are peeved they cancelled it just at the start of the crisis and there are about as many cases in the UK now. They are going to Yorkshire now and still worried about getting the virus there.

Booked for Rhodes in June.
The first time outside of the school holidays.
i do not want to cancel. If we do not try to get on with life normally we may look at the collapse of more holiday companies.
i need to pay the rest next month so will decide then

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom