Has anyone changed their travel arrangements because of Coronavirus?

Have your 2020 holiday plans changed because of the Coronavirus?

• Yes, I decided not to book

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Yes, my booked holiday has been cancelled

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • Yes, I am/was abroad and the holiday will be/was cut short

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I'm going to holiday somewhere else

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • No, I intend to book a 2020 holiday to my chosen destination anyway if I can

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • No, I want to go on my booked holiday if I can

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • No, but I'm hoping my booked holiday gets cancelled

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • No, I am/was abroad and am sticking/stuck to the plan

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
The Jet2 customers didn't get a lot of choice this morning

There was always the suicides and the slavery....

I was there for a year, that was enough to know my soul was worth more than a large tax-free salary. I knew nobody when I got there apart from one guy who had really changed in the couple of years since I'd last seen him and he'd moved out there. I worked beside others who'd been there for years and really had to rely on them to have any social circle. I was single.

IMO it's a shitty place, built on and still involving modern slavery. It's an entirely unnatural "modern" city in a medieval part of the world and I wouldn't be sad if the desert ate it.

I'll leave it there as it's OT and I seem to be pissing off Lancia34 which was not my intention.

That's my holiday cancelled then. We were on the fence about postponing it anyway, but the decision has been made for us now.

That's the point of these travel bans. They take away the temptation to roll the dice, which places not only ourselves but others at risk as well. The American health care system is less prepared for this than those in Europe. Already in Seattle there aren't enough beds. Imagine what's going to happen when things kick into high gear. The NY Times is now showing over 500 cases in the region (up from 300 yesterday) and that's just a fraction of the true cases because it's impossible to get tested. I know this from experience. My doctor's office said to contact the hospital ER, which in turn told me to contact the Department of Health which in turn told me to contact my doctor -- I shit you not!

The main risk is that if too many people get ill at the same time there won't be adequate resources for everyone and doctors will be deciding who lives and who dies. Your trip cancellation may save lives.

I've convinced the Mrs we can spend the money elsewhere. Extend the patio, buy some nice new outdoor furniture, a new gate etc.

My worry now is that my daughter is going to Parklife with her mates.

I've convinced the Mrs we can spend the money elsewhere. Extend the patio, buy some nice new outdoor furniture, a new gate etc.

My worry now is that my daughter is going to Parklife with her mates.
Chances of her getting seriously ill are reasonably small. She may have unpleasant symptoms but the states out of Italy are showing zero fatalities under 40. At least what I saw yesterday showed that. The much larger risk is she'll carry something back and pass it on to your family or others.

Chances of her getting seriously ill are reasonably small. She may have unpleasant symptoms but the states out of Italy are showing zero fatalities under 40. At least what I saw yesterday showed that. The much larger risk is she'll carry something back and pass it on to your family or others.

Yeah, the problem is I'm 'at risk' so I'm not quite sure what we would do then.

Yeah, the problem is I'm 'at risk' so I'm not quite sure what we would do then.
Whatever it is, it can't be so important she'd want to place her dad's health at risk. Even if she doesn't understand now, she will when she's older. I'm surprised the event isn't cancelled. Everything's getting cancelled here.

Whatever it is, it can't be so important she'd want to place her dad's health at risk. Even if she doesn't understand now, she will when she's older. I'm surprised the event isn't cancelled. Everything's getting cancelled here.

I take it you don't have a teenage daughter :)

In this news link -

"From 11.59pm on March 16, all travellers entering Singapore with recent travel history to Asean countries, Japan, Switzerland or the United Kingdom within the last 14 days will be issued a 14-day stay-home notice"

I think the chances of getting my money back have increased dramatically.

we are/were planning to go to see my Folks in Spain in mid-August.... We'd be staying with them so nothing else is currently effected so will just have to see how things play out.

They are in Lockdown as of Monday so will monitor the situation like everyone else.

We'd like to still get away but certainly won't put the family in danger by doing so.....we will have until the day before to make any final decisions...

I’ve got a family holiday to Disneyland Paris all booked and paid for, including Eurostar for a week in early May.

Since paying up in full, France has put a ban on gatherings of over 1000 people.
The park, as far as I am aware, is still open with limited facilities, as it’s not regarded as confined space.

However I estimate this will change very soon, as 3 Disney employees have contracted the virus!

I will be disappointed if we can’t go, but really dreading breaking the news to our young children. They’ve been looking forward to this since I told them at Christmas we were going there.

Until they announce otherwise I still plan to go regardless.
Well Disneyland Paris closed over the weekend along with all the other Disney parks. Earliest possible reopening scheduled for 15th April. With my booking in early May, it’s looking tight that I will be going.

I have spoken to my kids, with the potential bad news i was dreading to tell. However, surprisingly shocked that they took it really well and were quite understanding about the situation and don’t want to get ill.

Fingers crossed for you. Our travel agent has worked her socks off today and managed to rebook our Florida trip for August so hopefully this will all be over by then.

I've created a poll to get an idea of how peoples' holidays have changed. Or not.
Please vote if it applies to you.

Last edited:
I've created a poll to get an idea of how peoples' holidays have changed. Or not.
Please vote if it applies to you.

Surely there should be an option to say

- No, but my chosen destination has banned travelers from the UK/Europe?

We are about to join Spain/Italy/France/Germany as the European Epicentre of the disease. No country is going want any of us any where near there boarders any time soon!!

Surely there should be an option to say

- No, but my chosen destination has banned travelers from the UK/Europe?

We are about to join Spain/Italy/France/Germany as the European Epicentre of the disease. No country is going want any of us any where near there boarders any time soon!!
In that case, your answer is Yes, your plans have changed because your holiday has been cancelled.

Fingers crossed for you. Our travel agent has worked her socks off today and managed to rebook our Florida trip for August so hopefully this will all be over by then.

We have a family wedding in India in November, I doubt we'll be able to travel by than.

The clinical spread of Covid19 is far from certain, China and Asia have shown you can slow the disease by tough quarantine methods that Europe and America will struggle to achieve.

I also wonder that kind of state the airlines will be once this is all over. Conversely this virus might be the best thing to happen to the planet interms of reducing human CO2 production. It may change the way we all take long haul travel for granted, both interms of financial cost and global disease spread.

I know a guy who's wife works in a bank. She works alongside a girl who went to India for Christmas, to spend time with family. When she came back she had flu-like symptoms, lethargic, kept getting better then getting worse. At one point she developed abscesses and it was suspected she had cancer.

The guy's wife has had the same symptoms for almost two months. Nobody seems to know what is wrong with them.

I'm not saying it is Covid-19, but there are some nasty bugs going around.

Are you there for the F1? I am meant to be heading to Vietnam at the end of the month so hoping the race is going ahead.

I'm more concerned about my trip to the UK in the summer (thankfully not booked flights yet), there is a very real chance that the UK will be added to the list of countries that require a 2 week self isolation for when returning to Singapore and even if I get paid from work I can't face two weeks stuck at home.
F1 has been canceled now and Vietnam not accepting visa from us

With TUI mothballing their fleet, I expect it's a foregone conclusion our Corfu holiday in May is a non starter.

We were thinking of rescheduling Disney for the May half term.....but that's sounding unlikely as well. Ideally we'd take a refund, but doesn't sound like Virgin are offering that, only rebookings to fly by end of the year. So we're now thinking of flying December to somewhere else Virgin fly in the US and go skiing. We can reschedule our villa and park tickets to next year and try again !

Anyone know if I could get a full refund on flights through booking it on a credit card?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom