has anyone bought or used the kenwood krf-x9060d ?

mrhahn

Standard Member
Reaction score
im thinking about getting this amp as it has everything that i could want in an amp including thx, so has anyone got one of these ? are they any good ?

laters

mrhahn

i've read on a dutch hifi forum. it is a receiver with a good price/qualitie ballance (is it good english:confused: ).
the stereo performance is nothing special but it's a winner in surround mode. if you want a better stereo sound you could better choice a marantz, denon, onkyo. but i like Marantz rv5200 receiver the most. the stereo sound :)

i was mainly thinking about the kenwood as it offers all the sound modes im after:
THX Select, THX Surround EX, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic 2, DTS-ES Discrete 6.1, DTS, DTS Matrix 6.1,DTS Neo-6,
Circle Surround II

do any other amps offer these features plus good stereo playback ?

Originally posted by mrhahn

do any other amps offer these features plus good stereo playback ?

There are others but usually very expensive. Denon A1SR, Pioneer AX10 etc. Most THX (Ultra) rated amps tend to be expensive.

Do you specifically want THX?

yep, how bad is the stereo on the kenwood ? if its terrible i could just buy a seperate amp from richer for my cd player etc

The new *300 range from Manratz will offer all you have asked, minus THX certification which like Jase said will be expensive. If the last range of amps was anything to go by the Stereo performance should be good as well.

The *300 range should be available from the end of this month.

Originally posted by mrhahn
yep, how bad is the stereo on the kenwood ? if its terrible i could just buy a seperate amp from richer for my cd player etc

Don´t know, I´ve never heard one. It is very feature packed for the money though. Like you say, you could have another seperate amp purely for music playback. Quite a lot of the members on here have two systems, one for AV, one for music.

what do you like more?
watching much movies and somethimes listen to music?
or listen much music and somethimes watch a move?

when you do both even much you could better choice a receiver with a better stereo than surround.
if you somethimes listen to music you could better choice a receiver with thx.

is there much diff. between the Kenwood KRFX9050D and and the kenwood krf-x9060d ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom