Has anyone bought from Shootandshow.co.uk ?

J

JayList

Guest
I am super interested in their RD65 with free navman, and am ready to purchase in the next 3-4 weeks.

I want to know if this great offer is genuine?

J
 

cooleo_no1

Standard Member
Yeh I think they're ok.

Haven't bought anything myself - but through my adventures in the Projector forums I remember people recommending them. They had a great deal on the Sanyo PLV3.

I was going to order from them - then I realised I didn't have space for a home cinema! :)
 
J

JayList

Guest
I have emailed them, and will ring them on monday. That RD65 could be mine in the near future. :)
 

Bacus

Distinguished Member
I have had stuff from shootandshow as they are only 20 mins up the road from me !! They are good, i have never had any problems with them and they seem to know there stuff, i must of had a 3 hour demo with them when i got my panasonic PT-AE500 projector. You should have know trouble with them :smashin:
 
K

kmhtkmhtkmht

Guest
3000 for something that doesn't do NTSC, I don't think so.
 
J

JayList

Guest
kmhtkmhtkmht said:
3000 for something that doesn't do NTSC, I don't think so.
No, £2600!! INC VAT!

Justin cares not for NTSC. You know what european engineers used to call
NTSC.

NEVER THE SAME COLOUR TWICE . :rotfl: :lesson: ;) :thumbsup:
 
J

JayList

Guest
sikenny said:
I have had stuff from shootandshow as they are only 20 mins up the road from me !! They are good, i have never had any problems with them and they seem to know there stuff, i must of had a 3 hour demo with them when i got my panasonic PT-AE500 projector. You should have know trouble with them :smashin:
Thanks, I PM'd another member and they said the same thing. Rock and roll.

Looks like I'm gonna get me some 65 inch lovin.
 
K

kmhtkmhtkmht

Guest
I was the one who prompted Themescene to be cutting their prices in the first place...

So everyone who see's these big price cuts should thank me... really. Look back a couple threads to find it.

I was the one who contacted them saying there 4k price was retarded and the sets would be obsolete soon if they don't cut the price down.
 

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
JayList said:
You know what european engineers used to call
NTSC.

NEVER THE SAME COLOUR TWICE...
Never Twice the Same Color.

In fact this amusing little acronym is to do solely with reception of broadcast NTSC signals. This cause of color hue shift is wholly to do with analog broadcast reception and is not intrinsic to NTSC signals produced by, say, DVD players and the like.

As one who has equipment that is equally capable of reproducing either PAL or NTSC, there really is no material difference in picture quality between the two.

And I'd agree with the assertion that ability to properly reproduce 60hz video is a requirement.
 

Welwynnick

Well-known Member
Shootandshow are also known as Nexnix for some reason - try another search.

Whatever, they've had some of the most positive feedback about any retailer from lots of happy customers in these forums. You'd struggle to find anywhere better.

Nick
 
J

JayList

Guest
LV426 said:
Never Twice the Same Color.

In fact this amusing little acronym is to do solely with reception of broadcast NTSC signals. This cause of color hue shift is wholly to do with analog broadcast reception and is not intrinsic to NTSC signals produced by, say, DVD players and the like.

As one who has equipment that is equally capable of reproducing either PAL or NTSC, there really is no material difference in picture quality between the two.

And I'd agree with the assertion that ability to properly reproduce 60hz video is a requirement.
If I don't care about Region1 then what;s the big deal, for me?

I want a large dlp for DVD,SKY HD, PC and XBOx 360/Ps3. I can use ,my htpc to output DVD's if necessary, and will probably use PS3 for BluRay if they take off.

Is it necessary to have 60hz for any of those?

One thing that concerns me is looking back through all Razors post there seems to be things with banding and juddering etc.

Has this been cured? If I dont use NTSC will it affect me?


J
 

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
If you have no NTSC DVDs in your collection (for example), nor any such intention, then it isn't an issue for you.

In my opinion (only) though:

a) excluding oneself from any NTSC material is limiting; even if it isn't the major part of one's collection, there are occasional instances where a better version of a film, say, or a much better DVD transfer, is only available in an NTSC territory. Bear in mind, NTSC (or 60hz) is not confined to region 1.

b) if one therefore does intend to use (even a limited spread of) NTSC material, then it is absolutely always better to display it (or any other standard) at its native frequency or an exact integer multiple of it; in other words, 60hz at 60, 120, 180 etc; 50hz at 50, 100, 150 etc. Any non-integer conversion of frequency (e.g. by a scaler, HTPC, whatever) inevitably must introduce temporal blurring, at least, and in all probability, other processing artefacts, too. In other words, degrading the signal to a much greater degree than, say, routing the video signal via an AV amplifier.
 

Andrew Dade

Novice Member
Hi Jay,
Do they have a unit on demo at S&S ? Would be interested myself if so. :)

It is a shame about the NTSC but I think Razor had a good HTPC solution for this... Im comming around to the idea of an HTPC :)

Height wise this set is the same overall as my old Pioneer 50" RP and I dont want to go for a smaller screen height than I am used to....

Its strange that S&S are the only ones advertising at this price point though ??

Andrew
 
J

JayList

Guest
Andrew Dade said:
Hi Jay,
Do they have a unit on demo at S&S ? Would be interested myself if so. :)

It is a shame about the NTSC but I think Razor had a good HTPC solution for this... Im comming around to the idea of an HTPC :)

Height wise this set is the same overall as my old Pioneer 50" RP and I dont want to go for a smaller screen height than I am used to....

Its strange that S&S are the only ones advertising at this price point though ??

Andrew
I've been in touch with them and they are genuine. Just sorting out the dimensions with Razor to see if I can fit it in the lounge. Then purchasing it. I have a firelplace in the middle of the wall and the widths either side are too small for the RD65. But if the unit rakes in sharply which I think it does, then I can squeeze it in.

Once I have this sorted I will order.

I guess that there aren't that many in stock and Optoma want to shift some before there new DLPS come in.

I have my uber HTPC built so I have lots of flexability there. They are a great idea. Now I have only one PC and that is in my av rack hidden out of the way.
 
J

JayList

Guest
kmhtkmhtkmht said:
I was the one who prompted Themescene to be cutting their prices in the first place...

So everyone who see's these big price cuts should thank me... really. Look back a couple threads to find it.

I was the one who contacted them saying there 4k price was retarded and the sets would be obsolete soon if they don't cut the price down.
I remember the thread and thank you :clap: :smashin: :thumbsup: :party: :p ;)

Will let you know when I've ordered. Will buy you a pint if your ever in Maidenehead or Liverpool ST.
 

Trending threads

Top Bottom