Has anyone bought a Sonos from ebay ?

shoehorn

It seems that the price is fixed everywhere for the Sonos ZP100 Bundle at £949, except for ebay, where it's about £100 cheaper.
So has anyone bought one from ebay, and if so is it all warrenteed, etc and is there a recommended seller ?

smiffy333

Got my ZP100 bundle from the states on ebay, worked out at £640 inc del but think I may have been a bit lucky with import duties etc :thumbsup:

shoehorn

Sounds interesting - especially at $2 to the £ now !
So if you get hit by import duty, how much do you have to pay?
'cause if it's just the VAT then your bundle would have been c.£750. Still miles cheaper......

lazymatt

Just as an example; when I got my PSP imported, the game and the unit came to about £200, and an extra £30 for shipping.

Import duties, VAT, admin charges etc stung me for £60. :thumbsdow

They charge import duties and VAT for the whole lot (incl shipping). If it gets caught, I think you're looking at about £100 - £150 less than UK RRP. (but don't quote me on that)

The problem is the way duty works; it depends how they categorise your items as to what duty it attracts.

If it doesn't get stopped, well, you're laughing :D Like you say, with the £ to $ rate, it's well worth looking into.

Have a read here:

http://www.out-law.com/page-6235

The latest video from AVForums

Dog Soldiers & Flatliners 4K, Black Phone, RRR & Mad God on digital, plus 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom