1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anybody tried using an Ipaq RX3715 as a remote?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by coffee break, Feb 3, 2005.

1. coffee break

coffee break

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I'm considering buying a new PDA and I would like to use it as a remote control (amongst other things...). I like the NetRemote software but it doesn't seem to support any type of IR extender. I therefore need a PDA with a powerful IR range and have read somewhere that the Ipaqs are pretty good. Unfortunately the rx3715 is fairly new and I can't find anything that specifically gives details on this particular model (I have also noticed that not all Ipaqs have the same range). The rx3715 comes with Nevo Universal Remote so I'm guessing it can't be that bad but has anybody actually tried it?? :smashin:

2. obiwan

obiwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    i got the rx3715 and its excellent
    the nevo software is very intuitive

you can set it up for different rooms, i have lounge tv stuff, projector, amp etc. bedroom, kids rooms, sky+ even the dvd in the car is set up on it.

the ir is consumer so no worries there

the rx3715 is termed as a multimedia companion by ipaq, and it does so much more, i just set up tomtom navigator 3.07 on it and waiting for fortuna bluetooth gps receiver

it has wifi built in to, with the ability to stream content to the pda from your pc that can be used as a multimedia server

i have wifi set up and regularly stream music vids onto it whilst surfing about, its very fast

i am very happy with it, the graphics are very nice to

www.mynevo.com

i got mine from www.eurosimm.co.uk
    i had a dead pixel on he first one they sent and they replaced it no bother within a week.

regards

lloyd

3. coffee break

coffee break

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Lloyd

Thanks for your reply. Looks like I'll be ordering one tomorrow!! Thanks for the link as well, seems pretty cheap and if you say the customer service is good......

Cheers
    Simon

:thumbsup:

4. obiwan

obiwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    kewl
    im sure you wont be disapointed

im writing this now on the pda now, was just checking mail while watching movie, switching between remotes can be a pain, but you can set up your remote to include the amp volume on your dvd so you dont have to switch too much

ive never used the pronto so i cantrate this againt that but it is kewl

since last post i checked nevo website where you can downloadnew graphics

regards

5. coffee break

coffee break

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Lloyd

I've been looking at the user manual on one of the links you sent me and have another question....

It says that you can stream music etc to the ipaq over a wireless network. However, it says you can't stream copy protected music. Is this referring to the standard copyright of any cd (I have noticed that nearly all cd's have a copyright file when you copy them onto your pc) or just the copy protection setting in media player??

Thanks again
    Simon

6. obiwan

obiwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    i have Streamed video off the net but have not usedthl nevo server yet because you need to upgrade the rom on pda to get Media player 10

there has been a problem with upgrade rom from ipaq Checkout www.ipaqhq.com