Has anybody seen an LG LH5000 yet?

S Bibby

Hi, as the title vaguely states, has anyone seen this set or can recommend it? I am about this close to buying a TV but really want to see all the options available. I know Philips are coming out with new models but heck they are expensive and use the same panels anyway.

I was interested in the 200hz feature mainly as I suppose many others probably are but will this do much for films/Blu Ray or will it be a bit gimmicky? I'm leaning toward the latter but not from a cynical point of view, I just think I will hardly notice the difference. What I do like about LG is the improvement they have made to these panels - to me, they are smooth as you like and there is no real loss of detail, even in HD. The claimed response rate on this one is 2ms (!)

BTW this thread states the 32 inch LH5000 is 100hz only. http://www.avforums.com/forums/lg-owners-forum/915419-official-lg-lh5000-lcd-thread.html Bit of a odd decision really, it would be a coup for LG to pull off a 32 inch with 200hz.

Otherwise it is much like the other new models, energy saving 'intelligent sensor', 4 HDMIs, inbuilt USB (not that important), XD Processing etc. Also 1080p with 24p via processing.

CrazyMonkyBoy

Standard Member
Just wondered if anybody has seen this set at all, any opinions welcome...

ive seen the tv, its in currys, for 799.99, its fantastic picture quality, if your after a good 42" tv go for this one i highly recomend it, i actually stayed in currys for like 30 minutes just watching a football game on it:oops: but honestly it is a good tv, it was also showing the bourne ultimatum on blu ray on it, on its big brother the 47" but that was the same specs and all , and that looked brilliant

jatinm

Standard Member
Hi, I've seen this TV yesterday in the flesh and had a very thorough demo of it and also adjusting the settings and to be honest with you it's a great TV the pic quality and HD performance is close to the Sony W5500. The way it handles motion is excellent but not the best, probably the same as the W5500 & the LCD 6 series Samsungs.

It was at £750 in Currys which I think is a bargain for what you get. You definitely won't be disappointed.

If you want the best, you wanna spend a little more and go for the Sony Z4500 200hz TV. It blows the others clean away as I found out.

S Bibby

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback - I think I am more interested in the LH4000 but the 5000 looks like a quality set and as I mentioned the picture is quite smooth. I actually prefer the LG sets to the new Philips I have seen but I haven't seen many Philips TVs generally.

Yes £700/750 is a good price.

Shin-Ra

Hi, I've seen this TV yesterday in the flesh and had a very thorough demo of it and also adjusting the settings and to be honest with you it's a great TV the pic quality and HD performance is close to the Sony W5500. The way it handles motion is excellent but not the best, probably the same as the W5500 & the LCD 6 series Samsungs.

It was at £750 in Currys which I think is a bargain for what you get. You definitely won't be disappointed.

If you want the best, you wanna spend a little more and go for the Sony Z4500 200hz TV. It blows the others clean away as I found out.

Isn't the Sony Z4500 around 2x the price of the LG LH5000

CrazyMonkyBoy

Standard Member
im sticking to my choice of going for the lg 42lh5000 in currys, as if you get it online you can use a discount code to get 70 quid off, if anyone wants code message me XD

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom