1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anybody seen a NEC 42XR3 Plasma used in anger

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by lawrenso, Dec 9, 2004.

1. lawrenso

lawrenso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi,

I have seen the NEC 42XR3 Plasma advertised here for £2.5K which seems good for Hi Def compatability. Also seems to come with all the major connections required.

Has anybody seen these in use/own one and supply feedback in comparison to the others available - ie Panny HD7 etc..
    Cheers

Lawrenso

2. keefers

keefers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I've not seen one in action, but I too am very interested in this plasma.

It is the replacement for the 42XM2 which the US Forum raved about 12 months ago. It is also called the 42XM3 - though I imagine there is some subtle difference between the two? Unsure what it is though.

I want to use my plasma as my PC screen too so I'm after a 1024*768 screen. I hope we get some feedback in this thread - I'm an expert on Panasonics but I don't want one :D

Maybe some 42XM2 owners could let us know what they think of their babies?

K.

3. keefers

keefers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Sorry to reply to my own post but I found the thread where this plasma was previously discussed, but without much conclusion (as only one chap had got his hands on it & it was on a container ship at the time):

http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153743

Thanks to Liam @ Prog AV :smashin: for clarifying the models as so:

"They've quite confusingly muddled up their product codes again but XR3 is based on XM2 but is of their *new* range. If it's silver its XR3 and home oriented, if it's black XM3 and commercially oriented. Although they are otherwise the same."

K.