1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anybody recieved their free2view cards

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by nick901, Jan 22, 2004.

1. nick901

nick901
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Anybody orderd the free2view cards, i ordered mine over 3 weeks ago and still not received it, it said 10 working days!!!. Has anybody got a phone number so i can talk to a real person and not the automated system.
    cheers
    nick

2. ShaunIOW

ShaunIOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's a phone number on their website - Got a card for my parents, ordered last week of Dec, came 2 weeks ago.

3. nick901

nick901
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi shaun

The only number i can find is the 0870 054 1800, which i think is an automated system. Have you any other numbers
    cheers
    nick

4. CooperUK

CooperUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    Ordered mine on Tuesday morning - delivered on Wednesday morning - just over 24 hours!

I used the online ordering service at free2view.

5. rosbif

rosbif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered mine over the phone on wednesday morning and it arrived thursday morning! Told them it was for the old box that was spare when the SKY+ machine arrived and they had no problem with that!

Great service I thought...

6. rosbif

rosbif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having said that - have plugged it in the machine and it doesn't seem to work! There is no sign of ITV, CH4 or Ch5 - they just don't appear in the EPG?? When I select 103 it just says channel unavailable.

Anyone any clues - I have tried a forced reset etc?

7. mkcheznous

mkcheznous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You have to ring them up and get them to match your card to your receiver. Known as "activation".

Anyway that is what they told me when I ordered mine but I have not tried it as I am still awaiting its arrival

8. rosbif

rosbif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're right - did that when I got the chance and it was activated within about 10 mins..

Marvellous

:clap:

9. stricko

stricko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've rang them three or four times, the cards been activated, we've force downloaded the software, switched the box on and off, prayed in the direction of Astra, the lot..........

And still no ITV, CH4, Ch5

Any ideas, 'cause Sky don't have any!

(It's an old Pace box)

10. D.Coder

D.Coder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

My experience with free2view went like this:-
    1. Ordered card via website approx Dec 21st
    2. Card arrived around Dec 29th, however as I was away I did'nt put it into the digibox until Jan 2nd when I got the "initialising new card" screen but no itv,c4 or 5.
    3. Did a forced software update. Then tried "New Installation" with the phone line plugged in to marry the card to the box. Still no joy.
    4.Free2view website was now closed so rang 0870 0500 744 (C4 customer services?) from work with the box and card details, they said they would send a new signal.
    5. When I got home C4 had appeared - hooray!! but still no itv or c5 -Grr
    6. Decided to leave the box "Active", ie switched on and tuned to Channel 4, but leave the TV off, hoping to catch an update signal before calling C4 customer services and exploding
    7. Next day - deep joy!!!! itv and c5 were there. - at last!!!!!!!

I can only guess that the reason C4 appeared first was because the card came from them!! and that itv and c5 later appeared because the box was "active" and tuned to C4 when the signal refreshed itself. I think this happens around midday.

Hope this helps,

Ron

11. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It takes up to 24 hours for the card to activate for all three programmes after you phone them (my experience having done two). When BBC was included it could apparently take three days. Obviously you have to leave the card in the slot, the Digibox connected to power and dish, otherwise it could miss the signal.

By doing a software download you risk exactly that. You may have to phone again.

12. RoyT

RoyT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm proabbly dumb, but is there a link for this card?

13. morphman

morphman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  14. stricko

stricko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the tips guys, but this is all old territory. Went through the whole lot agian with Sky yesterday. Still no joy. The problem has been referred to the "technical team", but I was not allowed to talk to them, and was told that there was no way to contact them directly.

Some symptoms that might suggest ways forward.....

ITV, C4 and five do not appear on he EPG. It skips from BBC to Sky One (and yes I have checked Favorites!!)

I'm getting BBC London as Channel 101. On my Sky+ with a standard subscription, I'm getting BBC South. Might they have messed up the postcode/regional settings. Do other users have their local stations?

I've had the card since early december, and it has been "activated" several times, and then left powered on for weeks on end.

H E L P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. mkcheznous

mkcheznous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am currently awaiting the arrival of my card ( this week I hope).
    Will let you know how I get on.

16. nick901

nick901
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Received my card and it didnt work straight away (no itv/ch4 etc), phoned the number on the card and they said i had to provide serial number of the digibox and a few other things, does this mean this card will be matched to that box. What happens if my box fails and i want to put it in another box.
    There are cards being sold on ebay and they 'claim' they will work with any box, any ideas

cheers

nick

17. mkcheznous

mkcheznous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Still awaiting my card. Rang up yesterday to be told it was dispatched on the 23rd January (it has yet to arrive). They are now sending another one. At this rate I will get it about a week before ITV decide to take the BBC and go free to air (the summer I think).

My understanding is that the cards are matched to a box. However as the cards are guaranteed to work for two years, I would have thought you can ring up and have the card transfered to another box if you replace it. - Why not ask them and let us know ?

I would quite like to know what would happen if I sell it to somebody else, would they be able to use it - have the details transferred to them ?

18. stricko

stricko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I was just about to reply saying that my card STILL hadn't been activated properly, but I've just tried it, and b*gger me, the damn thing is working. I'd left the box in standby for over a week.

19. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The cards are non-transferrable (between owners) and the people on Ebay are having their auctions removed (according to a "Digitalspy" post).

You can phone the FTV helpline of you change your Digibox. However, the cards seem to work in any box so maybe it's academic.