Has anybody ordered a 32GB sim free from Carphone warehouse?

Gadget123

Established Member
Reaction score
As the title says anybody ordered it..paid £629 and had it delivered yet?

I did look at CPW but it says the phone will be locked to the first sim you put into it.

SIM free iPhone 5s will lock to the network of the first SIM used

So not sure it is really a sim free phone.

I ordered mine last Wednesday and it was delivered on the Friday.
It is a sim free phone it's not a unlocked one like apple sell.

Ordered 2pm on Wednesday 25th, arrived 09:00 the following morning.

I'm at a loss why people have been putting up with the pain of ordering direct from Apple, or worse, queuing up outside stores! Put a Three sim in mine, filled in online form, phone now unlocked.

I'm at a loss why people have been putting up with the pain of ordering direct from Apple, or worse, queuing up outside stores! Put a Three sim in mine, filled in online form, phone now unlocked.

Did you have to pay Three to unlock it? All I can see on their site is that they will charge £15 after submitting the unlock request form.

Thanks.

A 32GB sim........... WOW!

Cancelled order from Apple. Getting mine delivered tomorrow morning from carphone warehouse. :thumbsup:

The delivery is really fast, even get txt updates and GPS tracking

The delivery is really fast, even get txt updates and GPS tracking

Puts Apple to shame. Ordered at 8am and had dispatch email at 2pm.

Can't believe what a shambles apple have been. Really should make sure they have stock before releasing new phones.

What model and colour please? Tempted to try this, so it's only going to be £15 more for a SIM unlocked one as I'm on 3 as well, is this a permanent unlock?

My order is in on Apple for a 32Gb hold bit just says October, if CPW can deliver will be happy this way though.

What model and colour please? Tempted to try this, so it's only going to be £15 more for a SIM unlocked one as I'm on 3 as well, is this a permanent unlock?

My order is in on Apple for a 32Gb hold bit just says October, if CPW can deliver will be happy this way though.

Don't know about mrmister111 but I'm getting a 32GB Space Grey 5S. Same price as Apple and I'm on three so when I put it in phone, it will be locked to three. Then as far as I'm aware, I can pay £15 to have it unlocked permanently by three for use on any network.

Who knows how long it would've took for it to arrive from apple.

image.jpg

Dunno why I didn't just do it sooner. Apple would still be saying 'dispatching October'.

Last edited:
What model and colour please? .

Grey 32GB, but that was over a week ago. When I ordered I could have had any colour/RAM combination I wanted. All this at a time when people were obsessing over Apple online deliveries and store queues, and the CPW stock wasn't exactly a secret either!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom