Has anybody fitted a shower pump?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sandman, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,681
    I have decided to fit a power shower in my home and have bought a salamander 1.5 bar pump and a manual mixer shower. I know I need to connect direct feeds to the pump from the cold water tank and the hot water tank but am unsure where to put the pump itself. I have two choices, in the airing cupboard next to the hot water tank or under the bath in the bathroom. If it goes in the airing cupboard the output from the pump would need to go up into the loft and down into the bathroom to the shower so pumping the water for a long distance. Is this better than having the pump in the bathroom itself?

2. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,787
    But you could argue that if the pump is a long way from the tanks then it is a long way to draw the water instead of pump it...

Ours is in the airing cupboard.
    I presume there are other factors too, such as it needs an electricity supply, which you will typically already have in the airing cupboard too.

3. Dony

Dony
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,373
    I have a 2 bar Salamander pump in the airing cupboard. It's actually on my list of things to upgrade as I'm disappointed with the water pressure from the shower. I like a shower to hurt me :D, so if you are like me, you might want to look at getting a 2.5bar.

4. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,303