1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anybody beside me noticed this with a Philips Tv?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by pisfin, Mar 8, 2005.

1. pisfin

pisfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 32PF9976 and sometimes when I watch TV or DVD, I notice some kind of "waves" around people or objects moving. It is not much, and they disappear quickly again. But has anybody else noticed this kind of blur around moving obejcts?

2. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Sounds like too much picture processing enabled. Is it SKy, analogue or what exactly?

3. pisfin

pisfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well it's with the analogue signal but also with my DVD (Kiss DP-1500) through a Scart.

4. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    This is the 'Halo' effect discussed at length a few weeks ago. It is possible to reduce this significantly but not to eradicate it entirely. You need to shut down as many uneccessary processing facilities as possible. Reduce active to control to Min or Off. Turn off DNR where it is not needed. Run the PP2 at 'Movie Plus'.

Jimmy

5. Exirion

Exirion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    It's interference. A better shielded SCART cable or moving your current cable away from interfering cables will solve the issue, unless the problem is inside the DVD-player. I can guarantee you that the 9976 can display a completely clean and sharp picture from DVD :)

Edit: Now I realize that you're talking about a different type of distortion than I'm referring too. With a badly shielded SCART and interfering cables around I see typical interference waves popping up randomly around the screen.

6. duffer

duffer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hello,

I have also noticed this type of warping. Usually whilst watching cheap DVDs, ie budget titles. The faces on the people are moving when they shouldn't be. With special edition DVDs or ones from the big studios where the transfer is top notch there is no problem.

This is not so much the screen but the source.

Unless of course you have the screen setting on Auto rather than widescreen.

7. pisfin

pisfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now I have tried to set the TV to prog. scan and it seems to solve the problem, so I thank for the answers. I will also buy me a new Scart Cable the good picture will get better.