BMox81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah i was expecting preorders to shoot up somewhere by xmas. i love these films but i honestly cant see the vast majority of them looking THAT much better. especially the first 3.

Added to the fact that none of them will have atmos tracks and I've yet to watch the bluray set i bought earlier in the year lol and with WB discs costing £25 a pop, you can forget that.. 

If there was a boxset, I'd be surprised if it was less than £150. which is diabolical :eek:

The fact that none of them will have Atmos? Can I borrow your time machine, Sam? I think there's a fair chance they'll have Atmos, seeing as it's one of Warners' biggest franchises.

Hahaha i can't see it. I agree they should, but that doesn't mean they will. There has yet to be a single WB film released on uhd with an atmos track that wasn't there as a theatrical track. None of these had those.

Also all but the first 2 will probably be derived from the 2K DI masters they were finished with. Can only imagine the first 2 would get a new 4K DI transfer for the uhds, hopefully anyway. May sway me to purchase those then, probably my favourite 2 anyway :)

Hahaha i can't see it. I agree they should, but that doesn't mean they will. There has yet to be a single WB film released on uhd with an atmos track that wasn't there as a theatrical track. None of these had those.

Also all but the first 2 will probably be derived from the 2K DI masters they were finished with. Can only imagine the first 2 would get a new 4K DI transfer for the uhds, hopefully anyway. May sway me to purchase those then, probably my favourite 2 anyway :)
The Blu-rays for the first 4 films were pretty ropey with quite low bitrates, so any new release (even if derived from 2K DI masters) should still look a lot better than the existing Blu-rays.

The Blu-rays for the first 4 films were pretty ropey with quite low bitrates, so any new release (even if derived from 2K DI masters) should still look a lot better than the existing Blu-rays.
I've still got them sat in the box, so i wouldn't know. But with the age of them it doesn't surprise me. I'm a true believer that 2K DI uhds can often look far better than the standard blus.

I'm sure theyll all look better actually but with these being some of the rare 1080p blus i actually own and there's 8 bloody films i can't justify all that $$$. So if the first 2 have new 4K DIs that'll be my partial justification and compromise on just buying those..

That is until the reviews say how good the others are and money starts burning a hole in my pocket and i cave and buy the other 6 :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I hope they come in a boxset.

If not, then I'll probably get them from Goblet of Fire onwards.

Awh you know what my brain just realised.. as these are catalogue WB titles, there's a strong chance they'll all be listed on jbhifi for $20 a piece. There'll be no slips, but for like £17 each I'd be far more tempted to buy the lot than at a £25 uk price..

Gonna have to sell off the old Hogwarts collection now to fund getting these bad boys.

All films will have DTSX. THANK THE LORD.

Also the first 4 films won't be coming in march, but at some unidentified point later in the year.

Also the first 4 films won't be coming in march, but at some unidentified point later in the year.

Why release them this way round? Its the first films I want on UHD as I only have them on DVD, all the later ones I have on bluray.

Just read this http://digitalchumps.com/2017/01/26/harry-potter-going-uhd-2017/ released March 28th at a SRP of $44.95
emoji35.png
:eek::eek::eek:
$360 for the set!
I'd wait for the box set in a black friday deal this or next year.

Strange that they're only putting out the last four to begin with. Unless these should happen to coincide with the start of their Dolby Vision support, it's likely going to end up with the final four having only HDR10 and the first four arriving later in the year when Warner will be into adding DV to their releases.

I just imagine these last 4 having more UHD friendly transfers available to release at the same time as fantastic beasts more than anything.. Just do what they can, in the time they have. Same as sony only releasing 1 resident evil and 1 underworld at the same time, and universal only releasing 2 F&F films..

The first 2 especially I'd think need quite a bit of work.. which hopefully involve brand new 4K transfers as they had no DIs originally, but we'll have to see.

I've read conflicting reports about there being 4K DIs for the last few films. Anyone have anything solid on this? IMDB and a few other sites say no, yet a 4K DI/35mm list on bluray.com says yes.. so I'm conflicted o_O

Screw them prices! Only bought the Steelbooks before christmas

This is the 4K UHD forum, we don't do steelbooks here.
That's why I posted in the Harry Potter UHD thread.....I was clearly stating the price was mental.....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom