1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harry Potter & The Prisoner Of you know what

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by LicensedTaximan, Nov 21, 2004.

1. LicensedTaximan

LicensedTaximan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +511
    I'm 99.9% sure that when the family and I saw this at the flix before the film started our cinema showed the Dolby Digital EX trailer. But on the box of the dvd and at the end of the film it only shows the Dolby digital logo. Yet the two previous films are EX because, A, its on the packaging, and B the Dolby Digital EX logos definitly came up before the films started when they were originally shown at our cinema,a retrograde step then. :confused:

PS, i'm only pro-logic at the moment so obviously I wouldn't know if it is actually EX or not, but equipment will change.......eventually. :rolleyes:

Whilst i'm on about the packaging, although i'm not a lover of the cardboard covered first two releases, why did Warner now decide to replace it with an Amaray type. Although I prefer the Amaray boxes it now looks out of place with the other two. Ok I realise this is no big deal, and yes I know that Warners are releasing their dvd's with Amaray boxes now, but at least the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, extended versions, will all match up.:mad:

2. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Warner's are probably trying to make you buy the box set, so they all match. :rolleyes: I have all mine on R1, so hopefully whan POA comes next week, it will still have the cardboard sleeve.

3. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ref. the EX soundtrack...the third movie had a different director than the first two. I've found that Dolby Digital EX is very much a director thing...Chris Columbus, Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson will use it all the time. However, since it's introduction in 1997 (I think...Phantom menace was the first movie in EX), it's been very slow on the uptake...agree about the packaging though... :thumbsdow to Warners for not even thinking about it.
    The soundtrack is very muted on this disc...I have returned one already but it was the same. Very lifeless...

4. MJ

MJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The box set to mind is over priced. I have no intention of spending £35 plus on this over rated and over priced set of films so my darling daughters will have to wait until the price is more reasonable and that includes POA which on its own is about £15. My girls have seen them all at the cinema anyway. ....and as for xmas ....bah humbug. :devil:

5. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Got mine from movietyme three weeks ago and its an amray - sorry :mad:

Gary

6. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Isn't that typical of Warners? They really don't give a s**t about us, because they know we'll buy it anyway. :mad:

7. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827

thats why we all love warners so much. :D

Gary

8. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +994
    I'm sure it was Fight Club. Could be wrong though.

EX is very much down to who the sound designer is too, aswell as the director

9. Dapper Dan

Dapper Dan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Off topic but funny!!

My 5 year old son, who is anticipating receiving this film for christmas, said the other day. " Dad, please can santa bring me Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Asda Bag".

Ho,ho,ho