Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: HMV UK - Zavvi

Release date: 08/08/2016

Embossing and Zero finish treatment. 2 Discs. Previously HMV exclusive

hp-ps-jpg.728559

DISC 2: CREATING THE WORLD OF HARRY POTTER PART 1: The Magic Begins The choices, the breakthroughs and the early decisions are explored here via rare footage, cast and crew reminiscences and more. Learn about the extensive search by producer David Heyman and director Chris Columbus for the perfect actors to portray Harry, Ron and Hermione, and see the earliest meeting of Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson in this fascinating portal into Harry’s world.

Special Features

• Introduction from Daniel Radcliffe
  • Creating the World of Harry Potter
  • A Glimpse into the World of Harry Potter
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Teaser Trailer
  • Theatrical Trailer #1
  • Theatrical Trailer #2
  • TV Spots

Attachments

• HP-PS.jpg
    HP-PS.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 897
  • HP-PS (inside).jpg
    HP-PS (inside).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 99
  • HP-PS (open).jpg
    HP-PS (open).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
HMV is on a role at the moment...
Special artwork and curious to see this in hand next to all others.
Price is way too much for a catalogue collection.
Even the French release is too expensive imo and that one is at 20 Euros (£15) atm.
I have a feeling the French price will drop even more (so will the UK probably)

Yeah, won't be long til its "HMV are saturating the saturated market" :laugh:
£160 for the lot is madness isn't it (at least they're split in to 2 release dates, a couple of months apart I suppose)... I'd certainly wait it out though, HMV do like a price drop, maybe they'll end up under a tenner like many films have and series like Sherlock which are still £7.99.

I have stuck a pre-order in for these depending on the finish/treatment.
I can see these being popular as there aren't many alternatives to such a popular franchise, that is if it has the embossed text and perhaps a glossy finish?

The mock up won't do these justice at all, it's a simple image right now, but I kinda like the simplicity of these already. They COULD look really good if done right. The issue here is of course the cost and if you have one, you gotta have them all.

I really like the design of these but £19.99 each, maybe Zavvi ain't so bad after all!!! :)

I have the Harry Potter Best Buy exclusives. At least I think it's Best Buy, the ones with the heads, I prefer those so won't be getting these but I'm glad they're available for those that want them.

If you pre-order at HMV using a card, do they charge at dispatch?

I'm sorely tempted by these. I'm a massive HP fan and a steel book fan so it's hard to day no. I'm I two minds though...do I wait for a price drop and risk them selling out?

If you pre-order at HMV using a card, do they charge at dispatch?

I'm sorely tempted by these. I'm a massive HP fan and a steel book fan so it's hard to day no. I'm I two minds though...do I wait for a price drop and risk them selling out?

They charge at dispatch yes, but they do a £1 authorisation on your card at the time of order which goes back on to your card within a couple of hours. If you choose PayPal then you pay when you place the order.

These are really growing on me now. I hope that they are glossy and have vibrant colours. I won't be updating my current collection though.

I have the Harry Potter Best Buy exclusives. At least I think it's Best Buy, the ones with the heads, I prefer those so won't be getting these but I'm glad they're available for those that want them.
Think they are the Futureshop releases, they look great especially with the shelf. Very expensive though.

There's no way anyone with a brain would drop £20 each on these. Crazy prices.

Think they are the Futureshop releases, they look great especially with the shelf. Very expensive though.

German release collection looks to have a box etc... (beautiful German text :laugh:)
91up4KXpW3L__SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Germany gets extra's once again and we don't.

It is a nice set. I don't use that shelf though. It's sat in my cupboard gathering dust. I wonder if it's worth anything by itself...

I quite like the matching artwork, these could look really nice with glossy finishes and embossing on the titles.

It is a nice set. I don't use that shelf though. It's sat in my cupboard gathering dust. I wonder if it's worth anything by itself...
The shelf has a value in itself, and I'm sure it will be worth even more once these HMV editions are out. :smashin:

looks good, (hopefully glossy and embossed) needs a price drop though

That title needs to be embossed. I like the look of these, but £180 for the set, of which I already have the discs is a bit much.

I asked HMV about their Harry Potter releases via Facebook and they came back with embossing on the logo and bordering (I presume they mean the title text) and a matte finish.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom