Harry Potter 4K Box set with Extras?

Ace Of Wands

Novice Member
Can anyone confirm if their Harry Potter 4K box set comes with extras such as the 8-part documentary Creating the World of Harry Potter?

I believe there is an 8 disc version, & a 16 disc version, although it doesn't state on the box how many discs, but I am guessing it would be the 4K ULTRA HD + BLU RAY Box set...

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 14.43.02.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 14.42.21.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 14.43.02.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 14.43.02.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 35

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
Yep, i got the 4k+Blu Ray+Digital....16 disc UK set.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
The 16 disc version won’t have the “Creating the World of Harry Potter”.
The documentary is on separate bonus discs.

I expect the 16 disc version will be 8xUHD movie discs & 8xBD movie discs ie the 8xBD extras discs aren’t included.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
The Blu-ray boxset is 16 discs (8xBD movie discs + 8xBD extras discs). The 8 part ‘Creating HP’ documentary is on the 8 extras discs.
Amazon product
The 16 disc UHD just includes the 8 BD movie discs & is missing the 8 extras discs.

Ace Of Wands

Novice Member
Thats good I can get the Documentaries included, but just Dolby Digital audio for most of them.

The 4K versions are DTS-X.
Looks like it is better buy them individually, although I still need to be careful, the UK versions have no extras, but USA versions do!

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 15.16.51.png Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 15.17.25.png

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Thats good I can get the Documentaries included, but just Dolby Digital audio for most of them.

The 4K versions are DTS-X.
Looks like it is better buy them individually, although I still need to be careful, the UK versions have no extras, but USA versions do!

View attachment 1411896 View attachment 1411897
The Blu-rays have TrueHD/DTS-MA for the films (Dolby Digital is also included on the discs for people with old AV equipment, same as UHD discs also do).

Ace Of Wands

Novice Member
The back image from the link you provided seems to state movies 1-5 as just Dolby digital? Have I read this wrong?

If they are All TrueHd/DTS-MA and have the extras, I guess I could go without the 4K box set.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
The back image from the link you provided seems to state movies 1-5 as just Dolby digital? Have I read this wrong?

If they are All TrueHd/DTS-MA and have the extras, I guess I could go without the 4K box set.
I’ve got the Hogwarts collection & all the BD movie discs have TrueHD/DTS-MA in that collection.

Done a little digging & looks like for this boxset they’ve used the original Blu-ray discs as they have more extras included on those BD movie discs (those same extras were on the included DVDs in the Hogwarts collection, so missing from the TrueHD/DTS-MA BD discs so not needed).

PQ is the same & audio on the original discs (1-5) were LPCM (so still lossless).

The ‘Creating Harry Potter’ documentary really is very, very good, so you definitely should try to get a version with it.

Last edited:

lunazero

The ‘Creating Harry Potter’ documentary really is very, very good, so you definitely should try to get a version with it.
@Ace Of Wands 100% agree with @hippo99. I have the Zavvi steelbooks for Harry Potter all 8 have “Creating World of Harry Potter” bonus documentary discs and very interesting.

Just slotted in 4K discs from 4K boxset. Highly recommended if you can find steels at a reasonable price!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom