1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harrods HDTV

Discussion in 'TVs' started by duvl, Nov 16, 2004.

1. duvl

duvl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Interesting visit to Harrods and TCR today 15 Nov.
    Harrods have a fab demo of the future, in terms of TV picture quality – namely, a viewable HDTV picture (courtesy of Blu-ray) on a Sony KDEP50MRX1 plasma screen. Absolutely out of this world and a big clue that it’s a must if buying now to get a screen that is HDTV ready or upgradeable. Hence with that in mind, an HDMI connection would be sensible.

2. dsp fan

dsp fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too was in Harrods on the 13th, are you talking about the Plasmas on entry to the electronics seection, i think the images were of bits falling into milk ?

Anyway even the wife commented that it was more than awesome, still did not get the £5K SIGN OFF TO BUY ONE !

In the sony section they had an aweful projector running carlos santana in a well lit area so i guess it was not that.

anyway if i missed it gutted.

3. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +354
    By the time we have access to hi-def material (2006/7), hopefully 50" hi-def screens will be more affordable. Not much point buying one know as there's nothing to show it off. Unless you have a DVHS player.

4. Todda

Todda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are several ways to get HI Def now. The most commonly available is on the internet. I also hope we get HD DVDs or Blue ray disks by 2006.

5. duvl

duvl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    3rd floor in Harrods and the HDTV demo screen is on the left as you leave the Sony section to walk into the main plasma TV demo area. Retailer Sevenoaks (opposite Debenhams) in Staines also have a HDTV demo on a 50" Pioneer XDE via a satellite broadcast.