1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harmony won't learn!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by icurnow, Dec 27, 2004.

1. icurnow

icurnow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Harmony 655 very pleased so far apart from seeming inability to learn. Got a Humax PVR8000T, need the 'WIDE' command from remote as this is not included in harmony database. Every time I try to learn it gives me two tries says; try longer, try shorter or similar and then reports problem with Harmony web site and shunts me out to log in again! Anyone experiencing similar or got a solution?

Thanks Ian

2. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Hi Icurnow,

I have just tried learning the WIDE button (it's not one that I use) and it worked without a problem. The IR system on the Humax is a bit freaky and has caused other problems, but not learning.

Try the following:

1. Make sure that the H655 firmware and software are the latest versions (you will find them in the support centre).
    2. Check connectivity (support centre)
    3. Learn WIDE as a raw command (accessed from the 'Custom' button at the bottom of the 'Learn InfraRed' page.

If that doesn't work:
    4. Enter the command as a Pronto code:

go to the support centre, chose InfraRed analysis centre, Chose an active device 'the 8000T', click on 'manual', copy and paste the data in the quotes into the data value box, process it and assign a name for the command in the box provided.

5. If all else fails, call Harmony support.

3. icurnow

icurnow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I think web site learnt command and put it under the 'display' command title - didnt notice display before but its now showing as learnt raw and is doing the wide job. So happy.

Watched forum for a bit before purchasing harmony, it has to be said you were influential and I'm glad to report I think its great too. Family friendly and works TV, Humax, Tosh DVD, Demon 5.1 and video in a number of activity combinations really well. Wife could never play DVD on 5.1 on correct TV input, now its a single key press.

Thanks for help and previous guidance, Ian