Harmony Ultimate / Pioneer Amp Help ?

Jezza99

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi

I recently swapped out my Pioneer LX55 for a new LX79, which I am very pleased with. However, I do have a small issue now with my Harmony remote. With my Previous LX55, all worked perfectly, but having set up the LX79, I have the following issue:

If, for example I am watching a Blu Ray, then switch to "listen to Tuner" via the Harmony, all is fine, ie the TV and Blu Ray player shut down, and the amp switches input to "Tuner".

But, If I am watching Blu Ray, switch everything off, then come back and hit "listen to Tuner" on the Harmony, although the correct piece of kit wil switch on, the amp is "stuck" on the Blu Ray input. Then when I press help on the Harmony, it switches it to Tuner input, and all is ok.

This applies to all inputs, ie when switched off, the amp seems to be "stuck" on the last input used. and needs the Help button pressed to function, but one the kit is switched on, I can switch between any activity and it works fine, without having to use "help".

I did try completely deleting all devices and activities, and set everything up from scratch again, but it has not fixed it.

Any ideas please ?

Is HDMI-CEC switched on?

What about putting in a delay?

just 5-10 secs could be enough from the time it switches on before it sends the command to change the av channel setting.

No, leave it off!
Let us know if a delay works.

No, leave it off!
Let us know if a delay works.

I think this has the potential to drive me potty ! I have input a 6 second delay on "next step", but no joy. The remote obviously knows the correct inputs, as it changes it to the correct input as soon as I hit the "help" button. and as I say once it is switched on, it will switch from input to input absolutely fine.

For some reason though, it seems determined to use the last input used when switching on, regardless of which activity is selected to switch on the amp.

Aargh !

Are you certain that HDMI-CEC is not on, inadvertently perhaps?

+
Are you certain that HDMI-CEC is not on, inadvertently perhaps?

Yes, I did double check, but it's definitely off, it's not something I have ever used.

OK, thanks.
How and where exactly did you insert the delay?

OK, thanks.
How and where exactly did you insert the delay?

I have hopefully uploaded a screenshot , which shows where I have entered the delay ?
2016-12-07.png

Yes, very good.
Why is the BD in a Sky activity?
The power-on might be better with TV>Sky>Pioneer.
The delay needs to be immediately before Pioneer.

Yes, very good.
Why is the BD in a Sky activity?
The power-on might be better with TV>Sky>Pioneer.
The delay needs to be immediately before Pioneer.

Yes, I feed the Sky box into the Cambridge BD, in order to use it's scaling/deinterlacing. It's the same set up I was using with the LX55 without problems.

I'm not entirely sure I understand how to set the delay - I highlighted the CA BD in the top line, as this was above the Pioneer Amp, and then input "set delay for next step", assuming that the pioneer was the next step. However, when I switch on, their is not a 6 seconds delay between the BD switching on, and then the amp ? It seems to be 1 second at most, so I fear I am doing something wrong.
Does it matter in which order the devices appear, IE with the BD at top and Sky 4th ? Would shuffling them about make any difference ?

The order is best as in the last two sentences of my last post.
It's not clear why some commands can't be moved around.

OK, looks like I'm a bit stuffed then at the moment ! But thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Woo Hoo ! Just cracked it ! I can't stand things like this, they niggle me until I can fix them. I went into the settings menu on the actual remote, and altered the delay settings on the amp using the sliders for power, intra key, input etc. They were all on a less than 1 second delay, so I just upped them to circa 3-4 seconds each, and voila !:clap:

I just have to tune it down now to find the lowest delay that will still work !

Input is the obvious one to try first!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom