Harmony switching to PC on a Bravia 40W2000

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by poz, Jan 3, 2007.

1. poz

poz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi
    Anyone know if it's poissible to use a harmony remote to switch a sony 40W2000 straight to the PC channel?
    I assumed it was either AV 6 or 7 but these don't seem to work.

Thanks

2. poz

poz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Anyone?
    Sorry but it's driving me mad:confused:

3. KingOfGondor

KingOfGondor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    have a look at remotecentral.com i think they have a list of devices with discreet codes

4. clockworks

clockworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Can you switch straight to the PC input using the original remote? If you can, just learn that button, or combination of buttons.

Do you need to flip between what you're watching (TV, DVD, etc.) and the PC input, then back again? If so, add 2 buttons to each activity, containing the codes required. Might also be possible to do this using PIP, if the TV and original remote have this feature.

5. poz

poz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    thanks for the replies.

I have spent the day looking into it and via trial and error on the buttons screen I have determined that the tv switches to the PC/vga input via RGB1.

THe thing is, this command doesn't appear on the choose tv input on the set up activity screen. CurrentlyI have mapped it to a specific button so that when I select my xbox 360 activity it is just a button press away but obviously I would like it to switch on the main activity. Is there any way I can do this i.e. add a command into the switch tv input part of the activity.

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but I am new to the remote and after searching for ages I still am none the wiser. It is the only thing I have left to do on the control.

6. KingOfGondor

KingOfGondor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    if you go to the activity settings in the software then go to
    'review the settings for this activity'
    then click
    'yes, but i want to add more control of options and devices for this activity'
    you will be able to add extra commands to the beginning and end of your activity

7. indie1982

indie1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I was having the same problem as you and since you discovered that the PC input is down as RGB1 this is what i've done.

Open the harmony software, click on devices then choose settings under TV

Click Adjust inputs > Next

Select I go directly to the input I want... > Next

Click Next on the Review list of inputs page (unless you want to give them real names like HDMI1, Scart1 etc)

Then keep clicking on next until you get to the page for the PC/VGA input and change the input to InputRgb1.

Now when you're creating an activity and you tell the remote to change to PC/VGA it knows to send the InputRgb1 command.

8. poz

poz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for all your help. It now works fine but I have now encountered another problem that I am probably missing the obvious solution.
    I have a Projector as well as the TV and wanted to be able to add the ability to turn it on and off from the tv activity. This is so that I can easily switch between viewing modes without changing activities.

This is all well and good but I couldn't add the pj to the activity without it sending the power on command when the TV activity was activated.

My work around was to add the IR commands for the PJ to the buttons of my HDMI switcher and map this device to the turn on/ turn off PJ and TV that I added to the custom buttons.

This works fine but hitting the off button at the top of the remote doesn't turn off all the devices because it doesn't know I have mapped the different IR commands to the HDMI and there fore it doesn't know the TV is off etc.

Again, sorry if I am missing the obvious but is there a way to solve this. If so, my remote goes from slightly irritating to amazing :D

9. Alcahest

Alcahest
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi poz,
    can you tell us the discrete / pronto code to switch the 40W2000 directly to PC input?
    I really can't find it anywhere!
    Indeed it doesn't correspond to Input 7, 8 like i thought it would :/
    Thanks,

Alcahest