Harmony - Strange Problem Turning Devices Off

B

Bryce Curdy

I've got a funny problem using my Harmony 655, although I suspect the problem is not specific to this model or even manufacturer and could be fixed with some programming changes.

Last thing at night or first thing in the morning I sometimes like to burn a film onto a DVD using my DVD/HDD recorder. Having set it all up, I then use the Harmony to turn off the power on my TV and AV Amp before going to bed/work. Once the recording is complete, if I use the main OFF button on the Harmony, it correctly 'remembers' that the TV has already been turned off, but must send a power toggle command to the AV Amp which turns it back on again. It makes no difference whether I switch the AV Amp off using Power Off or Power Toggle (accessed through DEVICE), and setting up a Power Off command as an additional button also does not help.

Very grateful for any help.

bryce

butleri

Novice Member
If I'm reading it correct you are turning off the TV and amp using device mode. Correct?

Then perhaps the remote does not remember that you have already turned off the TV/AMP when you use the main off button - perhaps the reason the TV says off is that your TV has seperate on and off commands (so the remote sends the off signal but as the TV is already off it stays off) but your AMP uses the same command for on/off - so by sending the on/off command it turns your amp back on.

B

Bryce Curdy

Thanks butleri. I think you may be right. I've just checked and the TV DOES have separate commands while the AV Amp uses the same command. I've made a couple of changes and will let you know once I've updated and tested the Harmony (at work at the moment).

B

Bryce Curdy

Seems to work the way I want it now. Many thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom