Harmony + Samsung LE..R74 range problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by braehead, Sep 16, 2007.

1. braehead

braehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help me out?

I've been setting up my new Harmony 895 this evening. The Watch DVD activity works when all is switched off and the Watch TV activity works when all is switched off but if I've been on Watch DVD and then press Watch TV the telly stays on HDMI and won't switch back to DTV. Any ideas / suggestions?

2. braehead

braehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The problem I have is finding the right command for the remote button that says TV/DTV on my sammy handset. InputComponent1 seems to do part of the job but each time I switch device it toggles from normal TV to the digital TV so I sometimes have to press the Watch TV activity button twice to get it onto DTV. Does anyone know what the correct code to assign to digital TV is?

3. astyy

astyy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the process of setting one of these up with a Samsung R73. I recall that when I setup the TV device one of the options on source selection said "is it a Samsung..." (which is a bit strange seen as you've already told it so right at the beginning of the setup!). So far mine is switching to Analogue TV when I try to use 'play a DVD' activity - ho hum

I'm trying to find out from other owners if your kit was supplied with 2 or 3-pin transformers for the charger and RF receiver.

4. braehead

braehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Three pin and yes I got the RF extender.

I thought the "Is your TV a Samsung" was a strange question too.

Seem to be getting Freeview ok at the moment but when I go into the TV guide I can only scroll up and down a page at a time and can't scroll across the times.

Progress but slow and frustrating :(

5. astyy

astyy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've deleted my Samsung R73 TV from the PC software and re-added it. I noticed that it was correctly identified in the database as it added a - to the model number.

This time when I add activities it just asks me which source input to select on the TV and they are all listed for direct selection, I didn't need to tell it about Source input method. Assuming that the TV model is identified correctly it appears to be a mistake going into the 'Adjust Inputs' selection as mine is now set to 'Method 2 each input has its own button' which physically it doesnt on the original controller but obviously the codes exist (I read about this elsewhere in the forum).

Mine now switches ok to start and between DTV, DVD & PVR activities. The only strange thing is that it briefly flicks throug the Analog tuner when switching back to DTV which is slightly annoying.

6. astyy

astyy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just re-read your note about not being able to scroll across the Freeview guide. I've found with my 895 that I can scroll up, down & right easily, but to scroll left I have to hold the dial down for a second or so, it's quite tricky. This happens on all of my devices using the left button on the dial so it isn't the definition for the TV - I am thinking perhaps the handset is faulty.

If yours is going a Page at a time perhaps they are not defined correctly for the Activity you're in, mine are set as TV DirectionUp, DirectionDown, DirectionLeft, DirectionRight when I have it set to TV device. As you are probably aware you can have different settings for them when you are in an 'Activity'.

7. braehead

braehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. Been watching the rugby and drinking so now's not the time to start experimenting :D

Will give it a go tomorrow and try deleting the TV and starting over.