Harmony Remote Multiregion DVD Hack for Panasonic, Pioneer & Sony Blu-ray's Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please do not send me emails or Private Messages requesting details or for technical queries, they will be ignored. Post all requests or questions in this thread.

Please read this entire post before requesting the details.

Update 26/01/09
mossym has kindly offered to help me distribute the credentials.

Thanks guys :smashin:

Update 21/01/09
lfc1394 has kindly offered to help out and will be sending the Log-in info also. :thumbsup:

Update 06/01/09
Great News: :arty: There is now a new hack for the Pioneers: BDP-51, BDP-LX71, BDP-LX91 (and possibly other models). Many thanks to Blu-rayx for helping me out greatly by adding the info to the account and also to Crustyloafer for the Hex codes.

Warning 29/12/08
In recent days someone has been attempting to change the password for this-account. This could have resulted in this service becoming unavailable to everyone.

Please whoever you are, STOP.

Please just be patient instead of trying to ruin it for everyone else.

For the record I am in touch with someone that works for Logitech and I will obtain the culprits IP address and make it public if this continues. Consider this a Final warning. :lesson:

And we can then trace that back to a user name if it's a member on here. So, if people continue to ruin it for everyone, then we will take it further. :mad:

This thread takes over from the previous 3 listed below:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-...-bd35-55-dvd-region-hack-harmony-remotes.html
http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-...bdp-lx71-dvd-region-hack-harmony-remotes.html
http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-...-s5000es-dvd-region-hack-harmony-remotes.html

Please do not send me emails or Private Messages requesting details or for technical queries, they will be ignored. Post all requests or questions in this thread.

Post #2 lists alternative methods and compatible players.

Below are instructions on how to make your Blu-ray player region free for DVD (not Blu-ray) using a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote and the software that came with it.

Note: Region Free Blu-ray can only be achieved with a hardware modification.

This information is to be used entirely at your own risk and I accept no liability whatsoever.
Under no circumstances should you post this log-in information or pass it on. I do not want it to get into the wrong hands and have the profile messed around with.

1. Post in this thread with a request for the Log-in details and I will send you them via PM.
  2. It is vital that only 1 user is logged in to the Harmony account at-a-time. So please check here that nobody is logged in and, if all clear, post here to say you are logging in.
  3. Use the details to Login to the Harmony Software (You may have to logout of your normal account first)
  4. Select "Replace Remote" to change the profile to your own model. If that is unavailable, "Update Remote" should also work.
  5. Once your remote has been updated you can disconnect it from your PC then please Logout of the account.
  6. Now please edit your forum post to say you are logged out to give the all-clear to the next user.
  7. Use the following instructions to apply the hack:
FOR PANASONIC
1. Use the remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure there isn't a disc in it.
2. Press the Activity button "Panasonic" and the remote will send the 10 hack commands in sequence.
3. If all works ok the Blu Ray player will reboot
When its finished it will not actually tell you its region free, just simply try it with different region DVDs.

FOR PIONEER
1. Power on the player with the original remote or the button on the player itself.
2. Open the tray with the original remote or the button on the player itself.
3. On the Harmony remote: Press the "Pioneer" activity.
The tray should now close and the player should turn itself off.
FOR SONY
1. Use the remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure there isn't a disc in it and wait for the Home menu to appear.
2. Press the Activity button "Sony", keeping the remote pointing at the player for approx. 5 seconds until the 24p light starts flashing
3. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote
4. Next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback

• Upon completion, please re-edit your post to let me know if it succeded or not and which player you are hacking. This will help me to maintain a list of compatible players.
  • You can now login to the Harmony software with your usual details and revert your remote to your own settings.

Now you have read these instructions, when you request the details you must include the exact statement: "I have read and understood the contents of the 1st post and will follow the instructions given".

Hi,
I have a Pioneer BDP51-FD which I would like to multi-region.
I have read the post and agree to it's terms.
I would appreciate the login details.
Thanks!
Robert

Hi,

Had a BD35, now I have a Panasonic DMP-BD60.
Used the Harmony login before, would be great if I could use it again :D
I have a Harmony 555...

I have read and understood the contents of the 1st post and will follow the instructions given.

Thx

Hi, I have Pioneer BDP-51 FD and Harmony 550
I have read and understood the contents of the 1st post and will follow the instructions given.

Hi!

I have a Panasonic DMP-BD60 since this morning :D and I also have a Harmony One...

I have read and understood the contents of the 1st post and will follow all the instructions given.

Thx

Hi,

I have the Sony BDP-S550 and the Harmony 525 remote.

The region hack for the 550 would be great if you could send me the login details.

Cheers

Paul

I've got a Sony BDP S-350 and a harmony 555.

Could you please send me the login detail ?

Thank's a lot in advance !

Hi
I Have Panasonic BD80 and harmony 785. Can i have login details??
I have read and understood the contents of the 1st post and will follow the instructions given
Thanks
Peter

Last edited:
Hi,

I Have a Panasonic BD35 and the Harmony One.

Cheers

Hi,

I have a Panasonic DMP-BD60 and I also have a Harmony 885

I have read and understood the contents of the 1st post and will follow all the instructions given.

Could you send me the login details

Thanks a lot
Marcello

Hi,

I have a Sony BDP-S360 and a harmony one and would really appreciate getting access to the login

I have read and understood the contents of the 1st post and will follow the instructions given

Thanks

James

Hi,

I have the Panasonic DMP-BD60 and the Harmony 525 remote.

Please could you send me the login details.

Cheers

Dave

Hi guys,

Did anyone receive a feedback ?
Can anyone help me with the Harmony hack ?

Thanks a lot
Marcello

I have a Sony BDP-S360 and the Harmony 675 remote.

Thankyou
Chris

hi...
i've a sony 550 and a harmony 555...
can i be added to the list for login details please.
cheers.

Hello,
I have a Sony Blu-ray player (BDP-S350) and a Logitech Harmony 555 Remote Controle. How should I do to unzone my player? Now, I have a zone 2 (Europe) for the DVD.
Thank you very much.

Mike

Hi,

I have the Panasonic DMP-BD60 and the Harmony 525 remote.

Cheers

Sandy

I'm suspecting that this process is dead?

Any other way of using a Harmony remote to hack multi-region on a Sony? Anyone with a Harmony 675 who has done the hack on a Sony care to send me their Update.EZHex file.

Last edited:
Does anyone have instructions and codes that I could input into my Harmony 525 manually?

Does anyone have instructions and codes that I could input into my Harmony 525 manually?
Is there a step by step guide how add coders to Harmony manually?

i thought this had started up again after some numpty with nothing else better to do mucked the settings up??
shame it's dead as i've just got a second sony 550 i wanted to mr.....

regards manually inputting codes if i remember rightly it's a bit of a nightmare as theres loads of 1's and 0's to enter.....any mistakes and it's back to square 1.

Sorry guys, the hack is still unavailable, not sure how this got started.

No ETA at present I'm afraid, we'll open up a proper thread if and when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom