• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Harmony Remote for under £20

CrewCab

Standard Member
Don't know if anyone has already come across this but in our local Comet they are selling the Logitech Harmony 688 for £19.99.

It's not listed on their web site but they had 2 or 3 on the shelf, bear in mind this is an old model and you will probably need to download the latest software. They are primarily designed for the American market so don't have the four colour coded Sky/Text buttons on the keypad, but they are available on the screen.

Whatever though, it's a lot of remote for the price :)

Dave

poggs

Established Member
Don't know if anyone has already come across this but in our local Comet they are selling the Logitech Harmony 688 for £19.99.

It's not listed on their web site but they had 2 or 3 on the shelf, bear in mind this is an old model and you will probably need to download the latest software. They are primarily designed for the American market so don't have the four colour coded Sky/Text buttons on the keypad, but they are available on the screen.

Whatever though, it's a lot of remote for the price :)

Dave

Its now only £14.99! at comet. I bought one today and it does everything my 885 does. My 885 is now on ebay. What an amazing bargain. £15 for a fully functioning harmony remote. Deal of the decade!

F1Fan72

Prominent Member
Its now only £14.99! at comet. I bought one today and it does everything my 885 does. My 885 is now on ebay. What an amazing bargain. £15 for a fully functioning harmony remote. Deal of the decade!

Did you buy it online or in the shop .. ?

plexy

Standard Member
what area were these purchased?
i phoned the comet helpline who checked my local stores and said no longer available ?

i want one :lease:

poggs

Established Member
what area were these purchased?
i phoned the comet helpline who checked my local stores and said no longer available ?

i want one :lease:

Comet Store in Edinburgh. They had about 5 or 6 on the shelf. I thought it was a mispricing. CAnt believe they are meant to be only £15.

mr gadget

Established Member
Any body come across this in london

W

Weirdo109

Got the last one in the Basildon Branch.

Gave the customer helpline a call 08705 425 425 and spoke to a rep whom check my local stores & my brothers local stores.
Said a couple in Basildon, none in Romford, 4 in Lakeside, None in Beckton.

Worth a call as they reserved me one at lakeside which my brother got and I got the last one at Basildon.

Thanks OP.

tomd84

Established Member
Got the last one in the Basildon Branch.

Gave the customer helpline a call 08705 425 425 and spoke to a rep whom check my local stores & my brothers local stores.
Said a couple in Basildon, none in Romford, 4 in Lakeside, None in Beckton.

Worth a call as they reserved me one at lakeside which my brother got and I got the last one at Basildon.

Thanks OP.

I cant seam to find any locally :( is it possible for someone to pick one up and post it to me? ill cover all the postage costs and a little extra via paypal :)

zygo

Standard Member
In case it helps anyone, I just saw three of the 688s hanging up behind the cash desk at Comet in Lakeside. Ticket price £19.99 but ring up at £14.99.

Z

mr gadget

Established Member
got the last one at the branch at elephant and castle. WHAT A STEAL:thumbsup:

en6jwrs2

Established Member
Thanks for the information guys - picked one up last night from Comet.

Always wanted a harmony remote but couldnt justfy the expense of something like the 885 with no previous experience of the product.

Set it up last night in less than 15 minutes and it performs beyond all my expectations - great piece of kit and genuinally means i cant put the other 6-7 remotes away!

Awesome.

nobby1963

Established Member
Thanks for the information guys - picked one up last night from Comet.

Always wanted a harmony remote but couldnt justfy the expense of something like the 885 with no previous experience of the product.

Set it up last night in less than 15 minutes and it performs beyond all my expectations - great piece of kit and genuinally means i cant put the other 6-7 remotes away!

Awesome.

Hi, could I ask what store you got it from ? all the ones I have tried have none.:mad:

en6jwrs2

Established Member
Hi Nobby1963,

You can indeed ask - but the answer is not straight forward!!!!

I phoned Comet Bedford (local to where I work) - the chap i spoke to was very helpful but said he had none left.

I asked him if he wouldnt mind checking the local stores. He did and found stock in Northampton.

He then said he would get it transferred to Bedford by.....wait for it.......5pm THE SAME DAY. Bearing in mind we were speaking at 2pm, i thought the service was exceptional.

Give your local store a call and see if you can get the same level of service.

Good work Comet!!!

On a final note - make sure you track one down, i am really impressed with it!

twe

Established Member
does someone mind sending me one as Maidstone has 10 in stock but I live in the Midlands... Seems to be places in the north that have them..... I wouldn't mind paying postage and packaging and through paypal if you wish.... I have an ebay account so you can check my feedback....

sku number for remote is: 274429

They said they won't deliver from far away places, only locally like the midlands only, etc :(

thanks

Chris4564

Standard Member
does someone mind sending me one as Maidstone has 10 in stock but I live in the Midlands... Seems to be places in the north that have them..... I wouldn't mind paying postage and packaging and through paypal if you wish.... I have an ebay account so you can check my feedback....

sku number for remote is: 274429

They said they won't deliver from far away places, only locally like the midlands only, etc :(

thanks

When I phoned earlier they said that Shrewsbury had 2 in stock, don't know if that would be near enough for you to get a stock transfer. :confused:

timspoon

Established Member
Hi, rung the customer helpline and was told theres none in Guildford.

I'd really like to get one so if anyone could possibly pick one up id gladly pay a little extra and the postage of course.

Tim.

Forbez

Established Member
Try asking in your local store to see if they can locate one for you.

Picked mine up today, not quite the 5 minute up and running set up i was expecting, but not bad.

twe

Established Member
i asked 3 of my local stores, and 1 london store and all said no to me. Then asked Maidstone store where they had some in stock and they said they would not be able to send it and not heard of that before, unless they charged me, then called another store and they said they can't send it :(

Chris4564

Standard Member
i asked 3 of my local stores, and 1 london store and all said no to me. Then asked Maidstone store where they had some in stock and they said they would not be able to send it and not heard of that before, unless they charged me, then called another store and they said they can't send it :(

They won't send to you but they have arranged a stock transfer for me in the past (although it seems to depend on who you speak to and where the stock is in relation to yor store)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom